Vibhudutta Awasthi, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Dean for Research
Phone (405) 271-6593 x47331
Fax (405) -271-7505
Office CPB 309
My research interests are in the development of radiopharmaceuticals, small animal imaging and use of radiological imaging techniques to answer physiological questions. My current research focuses on the development of liposome encapsulated hemoglobin as an artificial oxygen carrier and he is studying cerebral oxygen metabolism using positron emission tomography. I am a board certified nuclear pharmacist with expertise in areas related to drug delivery, formulation development, nuclear pharmacy and small animal nuclear imaging.
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Awasthi V, Gali H, Hedrick A, Da H, Eeda V, Jain D. Positron Emission Tomography (PET) with 18F-FGA for Diagnosis of Myocardial Infarction in a Coronary Artery Ligation Model. Molecular Imaging. 2022; 2022
2. Awasthi S, Kumar G, Ramani V, Awasthi V, Rodgers K K, Xie J, Beierle J, Kyere-Davies G, Singh B, Rahman N, Chowdhury A A, Chataut N. Mechanism of Anti-Inflammatory Activity of TLR4-Interacting SPA4 Peptide. ImmunoHorizons. 2021; 5 : 659-674
3. Awasthi V, Bulotta S, Cosco D. Bypassing the Biological Barriers by Means of Biocompatible Drug Delivery Systems. Front. Pharmacol. - Experimental Pharmacology and Drug Discovery. 2021; 12 : 801383
4. Eeda V, Hedrick A, Awasthi V. Design of 99mTc-labeled Zinc-chelating imaging Probe for SPECT imaging of the pancreas. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2021; 52 : 128385
5. Awasthi V, Eeda V. A Catalyst-Free and Scalable Process for Synthesis of Novel MAP4K4 Inhibitor DMX-5804 and its Glyco-Conjugates. Organic Process Research & Development. 2021; 25 : 1658–1663
- 11. FDG Synthesis Optimization. Non-federal. End Date: 2014.
Awards and Honors
- 1. USPTO. Patent application issued. Date: 2015.
2. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Article selected as a featured research paper. Date: 2015.
3. Robert Glenn Rapp Foundation. Presidential Professor . Date: 2013.
4. Sandra K and David L Gilliland Chair in Nuclear Pharmacy . Date: 2012.
- 1. Degree: Ph D. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences . Date: 1994.
2. Degree: M. Pharm.. Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (Formerly, University of Sagar). Date: 1990.
3. Degree: B. Pharm. Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (Formerly, University of Sagar). Date: 1988.
- 1. Associate Dean. College. Lead research enterprise of the College of Pharmacy. Represent the College at the HSC level. Mentor researchers.Date: 2020.
2. Director. University. Direction and conduct of nuclear imaging services for biomedical investigators; Production of PET radiotracers for preclinical imaging and preparation for regulatory compliance for clinical applications; Consultations with researchers about imaging and tracer applications.Date: 2007.
External Connections and Partnerships