Shellie Keast, Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.S.
I explore policy implications through review of administrative claims data as well as publicly available secondary datasets. Intended and unintended consequences of policy implementations are a primary focus of my research along with utilization and resource use resulting from global changes to health care management. Disease areas include opioid misuse and abuse, asthma, diabetes, and mental health.
Education & Experience
Doctorate in Pharmaceutical Sciences in Pharmaceutical Sciences
OUHSC College of Pharmacy, OKC, OK2013
Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences in Pharmaceutical Sciences
OUHSC College of Pharmacy, OKC, OK2007
Bachelor of Sciences in Pharmacy in Sciences in Pharmacy
OU College of Pharmacy, OKC, OK1999
Doctor of Pharmacy in Pharmacy
OU College of Pharmacy, OKC, OK.2000
Bachelor of Science in Science
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK1993
Publications & Presentations
- Cothran T, Holderread B, Abbott M, Nesser N, Keast S. The pharmacist's role in shaping the future of value-based payment models in state Medicaid programs. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association : JAPhA. 2019; 59 : 121-124
- Pham T T, Skrepnek G H, Bond C, Alfieri T, Cothran T J, Keast S. Overview of Prescription Opioid Deaths in the Oklahoma State Medicaid Population, 2012-2016. Medical Care. 2018; 56 : 727-735
- Pham T T, Keast S, Farmer K, Thompson D M, Rathbun C, Nesser N J, Holderread B P, Skrepnek G H. Sustained virologic response and costs associated with direct-acting antivirals for chronic hepatitis C infection in Oklahoma Medicaid. Journal of Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacy. 2018; 24 : 664-676
- George D L, Smith M J, Draugalis J R, Tolma E L, Keast S, Wilson J B. Community pharmacists' beliefs regarding improvement of Star Ratings scores using the Theory of Planned Behavior. JAPhA. 2018; 58 : 21-29
- Pham T, Rathbun C, Keast S, Nesser N, Farmer K, Skrepnek G H. National estimates of case-mix, mortality, and economic outcomes among inpatient HIV/AIDS mono-infection and hepatitis C co-infection cases in the US. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice . 2018
- Less is More. 2017.
- . 2018.
- Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OKHCA) and Pharmacy Management Consultants (PMC) Population Characterization for multiple disease states. 2018.
- Alternate Payment Model Pilot Program. 2017.
- Development of a Predictive Model for METAVIR Fibrosis Scores for Patients Chronically Infected with Hepatitis C Virus. 2017.