Peter N. Johnson, Pharm.D., BCPPS, FPPAG, FCCM, FASHP
Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Pharmacy Clinical & Admin Sci
Phone (405) 271-2730
Fax (405) 271-6750
Office O'Donoghue Research Bldg; 1122 NE 13th St., Ste. 4415, OKC 73117
- President's Associate Presidential Professor
- Director, PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency
- Director, Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Degree Option
Publications & Presentations
- 11. Johnson P N, Drury A S, Gupta N. Continuous Magnesium Sulfate Infusions for Status Asthmaticus in Children: A Systematic Review. Frontiers in pediatrics. 2022; 10 : 853574
12. Besunder J B, Betters K A, Johnson P N, Srinivasan V, Stormorken A, Farrington E, Golianu B, Godshall A J, Acinelli L, Almgren C, Bailey C H, Boyd J M, Cisco M J, Damian M, deAlmeida M L, Fehr J, Fenton K E, Gilliland F, Howell J, Ruggles C A, Simone S, Su F, Sullivan J E, Tegtmeyer K, Traube C, Williams S, Berkenbosch J W. 2022 Society of Critical Care Medicine Clinical Practice Guidelines on Prevention and Management of Pain, Agitation, Neuromuscular Blockade, and Delirium in Critically Ill Pediatric Patients With Consideration of the ICU Environment and Early Mobility. Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies. 2022; 23 : e74-e110
13. Frazier C A, Scott B M, Johnson P N, LaRochelle J M. Antimicrobial Prophylaxis and Anticoagulation Therapy in Pediatric ECMO: A Survey Study. The journal of pediatric pharmacology and therapeutics : JPPT : the official journal of PPAG. 2022; 27 : 72-79
14. Johnson P N, Mayes R, Moore E, Neely S, Nguyen A, Miller J L. Ketamine infusions as an adjunct for sedation in critically ill children. Journal of opioid management. 2022; 18 : 57-68
15. Schwier N C, Stephens K, Johnson P N. Management of Idiopathic Viral Pericarditis in the Pediatric Population. The journal of pediatric pharmacology and therapeutics : JPPT : the official journal of PPAG. 2022; 27 : 595-608
- 1. Evaluation of caffeine dosing regimens and the impact of developmental pharmacokinetics in neonates with apnea of prematurity. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2020. End Date: 2021.
2. Characterization of fentanyl metabolic and renal elimination pathways in children less than two years of age. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2018. End Date: 2020.
3. Development of a dose-exposure response relationship for detection of opioid tolerance in critically-ill children receiving fentanyl continuous infusions. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2015. End Date: 2017.
4. Development of a dose-exposure response relationship for detection of opioid tolerance in critically-ill children receiving fentanyl continuous infusions. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2015. End Date: 2017.
5. Comparison of amikacin pharmacokinetics in neonates pre- and post- a dosing protocol change. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2014. End Date: 2015.
Awards and Honors
- 1. University of Oklahoma College of Medicine--Department of Pediatrics. Mentor award (for Caitlyn Bradford, PharmD). Date: 2022.
2. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. President's Associates Presidential Professorship. Date: 2019.
3. Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. Christensen Young Investigator Award (Served as resident mentor). Date: 2016.
4. Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. Scholarship in Teaching Award. Date: 2016.
5. Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. Best Student Investigator Award (Served as student mentor). Date: 2015.
- 1. Degree: PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency. Kentucky Children's Hospital and University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center. Date: 2006.
2. Degree: PGY1 Pharmacy Residency. University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center. Date: 2005.
3. Degree: PharmD. University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Date: 2004.
4. Degree: BS. University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Date: 2002.