Motolani Ogunsanya, Ph.D.
Patient-reported outcomes (PROs), quality of life (QoL), psychometrics (instrument development and validation), health behavior change, health disparities, cancer disparities and outcomes, health utilization.
Languages: English, Yoruba, Korean (Intermediate), French (Elementary)
Dr. Ogunsanya's research focuses on health economics and outcomes research using mixed methodologies. Her research interests primarily involve understanding health behaviors among underserved, minority groups and the use of patient-reported outcomes to capture disease burden in patients with rare diseases, cancer, and other disease conditions. Additional research interests include examining QoL through theoretical frameworks and large-scale retrospective database analyses.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Health Outcomes and Pharmacy Practice)
The University of Texas, Austin, TX2017
Master of Science (MSc.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Health Outcomes and Pharmacy Practice)
The University of Texas, Austin, TX2014
University of Lagos, Nigeria2008
Service & Leadership
International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE)
The University of Texas Student Chapter, 2011-2016
International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
Rho Chi Honor Society
American Pharmacists Association
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
Harold Hamm Diabetes Center
Publications & Presentations
- Ogunsanya M E, Nduaguba O S, Brown C M. Incremental Healthcare Expenditures Associated with Depression among Individuals with Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus . Lupus. 2018
- Ogunsanya M E, Brown C M, Lin D, Imarhia F, Maxey C, Chong B F. Understanding the Disease Burden and Unmet Needs among Patients with Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (CLE): A Qualitative Study. International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. 2018
- Ogunsanya M E, Bamgbade B, Thach A V, Sudhapalli P, Rascati K. Determinants of Health-Related Quality of Life in International Graduate Students`. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2017
- Ogunsanya M E, Brown C M, Hudson A D, Hynan L S, Chong B F. Development of a Disease-specific Quality of Life (QoL) Measure for Patients with Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus: A Pilot Study. International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) 24th Annual Conference. In Press
- Ogunsanya M E, Teske N, Cardon Z, Li X, Adams-Huet B, Chong B F. Predictors of Low Quality of Life in Discoid Lupus Patients. British Journal of Dermatology . 2017; 177 : e147-e149