Lourdes G. Planas, RPh, PhD, FAPhA
Pharmacy Clinical & Admin Sci
Phone (405) 271-6878 x47294
Fax (405) 271-6430
Office CPB 243
Dr. Planas teaches biostatistics, drug literature evaluation, and sociobehavioral aspects of medication use. She uses qualitative and quantitative research methods to assess medication optimization interventions in community pharmacy and primary care practice settings. She works with Latinx and other underserved communities to advance health literacy and patient engagement in cardiovascular health, diabetes, and vaccinations. Dr. Planas has conducted scholarship of teaching and learning on the development of problem-solving and communication skills among student pharmacists.
Publications & Presentations
- 11. Schommer J C, Doucette W R, Planas L G. Establishing pathways for access to pharmacist-provided patient care. J Am Pharm Assoc . 2015; 55 : 664-8.
12. Winder M B, Johnson J L, Planas L G, Crosby K M, Gildon B L, Oberst-Walsh L A. Pharmacist-led educational and error notification interventions on prescribing errors in family medicine clinic. J Am Pharm Assoc . 2015; 55 : 238-45.
13. Ge X, Planas L G, Huang K. Toward advancement of problem-based learning research and practice in health professions education: Motivating learners, facilitating processes, and supporting with technology. Interdiscip J Problem Based Learn. 2015; 9 : 1-8.
14. Lystlund S, Stevens E, Planas L G, Marcy T R. Patient participation in a clinic-based community pharmacy drug take-back program. J Am Pharm Assoc . 2014; 54 : 280-4.
15. Planas L G, Crosby K M, Farmer K C, Harrison D L. Evaluation of a diabetes management program using selected HEDIS measures. J Am Pharm Assoc . 2012; 52 : e130-8.
- 1. Addressing opioid use disorder in older adults through primary care innovation. AHRQ. Start Date: 2020. End Date: 2023.
2. Diabetes and hearing impairment: Knowledge, attitudes, and practices among providers and patients. ASHP. Start Date: 2022. End Date: 2023.
3. A comparison of the effectiveness of combination varenicline and oral nicotine replacement therapy versus varenicline alone for smoking cessation: A pilot study. PhRMA. Start Date: 2019. End Date: 2019.
4. Reducing opioid prescribing through education and support (ROPES-3). NIH. Start Date: 2018. End Date: 2019.
5. The Oklahoma Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program addresses strategies using the Socio-Ecological Model. Start Date: 2012. End Date: 2013.
Awards and Honors
- 1. University of Oklahoma Latinx Coalition. Outstanding Faculty Member. Date: 2020.
2. American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Pharmaceutical Research & Science. Fellow. Date: 2020.
3. OUHSC Outstanding Student Organization Advisor of the Year. Date: 2017.
4. American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Pharmacy Practice & Management. Presentation Merit Award. Date: 2016.
5. American Pharmacists Association. Clinical Research Paper Award. Date: 2015.
- 1. Degree: Ph D. University of Florida. Date: 2001.
2. Degree: BS. Xavier University of Louisiana. Date: 1990.