Katherine S. O'Neal, Pharm.D., MBA, BCACP, CDES, BC-ADM, AE-C, CLS, FADCES
Pharmacy Clinical & Admin Sci
Phone 405-271-6878 x47241
Office CPB 235
Specialties: Internal medicine, Ambulatory care/diabetes
Clinical Practice: Diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, asthma, migraine
Certifications & Licenses
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties2012
Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management2012
Certified Asthma Educator2012
Publications & Presentations
- 16. O'Neal K. 1. Malcom DR, Farris K, Feola DJ, Gannett PM, Law A, O’Neal KS, Salinitri F, Tromp K, White A. Appropriateness of term limits for administrative appointments in pharmacy programs. Am J Pharm Educ. Published Online July 2019. 2020
17. O'Neal K. 1. O’Neal KS, Davidson P. Cultural and health literacy considerations with diabetes. Professional Practice Paper. American Association of Diabetes Educators, 2019. Available from: https://www.diabeteseducator.org/docs/default-source/practice/educator-tools/cultural-and-health-literacy-considerations-with-diabetes.pdf?sfvrsn=2. . 2019
18. O'Neal K. 2. Schwier N, O’Neal KS. Pharmacotherapeutic management strategies for thyroid disease-induced pericarditis. Ann Pharmacother. Published Online Nov 2019. DOI https://doi.org/10.1177/1060028019889065. . 2019
19. Schwier N C, O'Neal K. Pharmacotherapeutic Management Strategies for Thyroid Disease-Induced Pericarditis. The Annals of pharmacotherapy. 2019
20. O'Neal K, Davidson P. Addressing obesity in diabetes: Professional Practice Paper. American Association of Diabetes Educators. 2018
- 1. Diabetes and hearing impairment: Knowledge, attitudes, and practices among providers and patients. ASHP. Start Date: 2022. End Date: 2023.
2. ECG Monitoring in patients with CF receiving azithromycin therapy. Federal Non-NIH. Start Date: 2016. End Date: 2016.
3. A literacy Sensitive Approach to improving antibiotic understanding in a community based setting. ACCP. Start Date: 2014. End Date: 2015.
4. Effectiveness of an educational intervention on the caring behaviors and referral activities of community pharmacists for migraine patients. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2010. End Date: 2013.
5. Evaluation of Merck’s Headache School: A Quasi-Experimental Examination of Effectiveness. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2010. End Date: 2013.
Awards and Honors
- 1. Degree: PharmD. University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy. Date: 2008.
2. Degree: MBA. University of Tulsa. Date: 2004.