Melissa S. Medina, Ed.D.
Professor and Associate Dean for Assessment and Evaluation and Director of Preparing Future Faculty
Pharmacy Office of the Dean
Phone (405) 271-6484 x47299
Fax (405) 271-3830
Office CPB 134
My research focuses the scholarship of teaching and learning. One area of interest is on evaluating outcomes of faculty, resident, and graduate student teaching development programs. A second area of interest is on exploring the impact of curricular and course design, active learning strategies, and assessment methods on students’ knowledge, skill, and attitude development. A third area of interest is on the influence of doctor of pharmacy programmatic design and assessment on helping students attain program outcomes.
2020 Best SOTL Publication Award for the publication, "Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Students,"
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Social and Administrative Sciences SectionJuly 2020
David Ross Boyd Professorship
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences CenterMay 2020
Advisor of the Year
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Student Government AssociationApril 2020
Robert K. Chalmers Distinguished Pharmacy Educator Award
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy2018
Exemplary Service Award
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Teachers of Pharmaceutics Section2017
Distinguished Teaching Scholar Award
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy2016
Regent's Award for Superior Teaching
The University of OklahomaApril 2015
The University of Oklahoma, President's AssociatesApril 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 6. Fiano K S, Attarabeen O, Augustine J M, Beckett R D, Goldin C S, Medina M, Pavuluri N, Sease J M. Association Between NAPLEX Preparation Program Characteristics and First-Time Pass Rates. American journal of pharmaceutical education. 2022; 86 : 8760
7. Wagner J L, Smith K J, Johnson C, Hilaire M L, Medina M. Best Practices in Syllabus Design. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2022
8. Draugalis J R, Medina M, Taylor J N, Plaza C M, Lopez E J. An Update on the Progress Toward Gender Equity in US Academic Pharmacy. American journal of pharmaceutical education. 2022
9. Medina M, Draugalis J R. "What if We All Said No?": Removing Barriers to Peer Review. American journal of pharmaceutical education. 2022; 86 : 8746
10. Castleberry A N, Medina M, Persky A, Schlesselman L S. Strategies for Measuring Advances in Pharmacy Student Learning. American journal of pharmaceutical education. 2022; 86 : 8707
Awards and Honors
- 1. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Social and Administrative Sciences Section 2020 Best SOTL Publication of the Year. Date: 2020.
2. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. AACP Distinguished Teaching Scholars Award. Date: 2016.
3. Rutgers Graduate School of Education Delta Chi Chapter. Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society. Date: 2004.
4. Rutgers Graduate School of Education Delta Chi Chapter. Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society. Date: 1996.
5. Rutgers University New Brunswick. Psi Chi National Honor Society. Date: 1992.
- 1. Degree: EDD. Rutgers University Graduate School of Education. Date: 2006.
2. Degree: MA. Rutgers University Graduate School of Education. Date: 1996.
3. Degree: BA. Rutgers University - Rutgers College. Date: 1993.