Doctor of Pharmacy
The Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program, fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), provides educational training and experience in accord with ACPE standards and guidelines required of entry-level positions in all areas of contemporary pharmacy practice. Pharmacy graduates train for careers in all professional practice settings. Graduates may also choose from diverse opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry, government, or education and more. Board-certified specialties for pharmacists are available in multiple areas, including ambulatory care, cardiology, critical care, emergency medicine, geriatrics, infectious diseases, nuclear pharmacy, nutrition support services, oncology, pediatrics, psychiatric pharmacy, and solid organ transplantation.
The University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. program is a four-year, full-time, in-person, professional doctoral program. Students spend the first three years in the classroom and spend the fourth year completing 9, one-month rotations in various pharmacy settings including but not limited to community, hospital, clinical services, social and administrative services, and more.
OUCOP is fully accredited through the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), the accrediting body for all U.S. pharmacy schools. Current accreditation status, renewed in 2020, is valid through 2028. Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60503, 312/664-3575; FAX 312/664-4652, http://www.acpe-accredit.org.
OUCOP is regionally accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools via the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (http://www.ncahlc.org).
The college currently resides on the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) in Oklahoma City.
Doctor of Pharmacy
- Prospective Students
- Is Pharmacy Right For Me?
- Pharmacy Careers
- Why OU College of Pharmacy?
- Ask the COP Admissions Staff
- PharmD Early Assurance Program for High School Seniors
- Pre-Pharmacy Course Requirements
- PharmD Admissions Requirements
- PharmD Application Information
- Tuition and Fees/Financial Aid Information
- OUHSC College of Pharmacy Nonresident Tuition Waiver Program
- Schedule a Campus Visit or Advising Appointment
- Recruitment Events
- OUCOP Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Equal Opportunity
- PharmD Applicant Interview Information
- Admission Statistics & Program Quality Indicators
- Follow Us On Social Media
- Degree Options and Specialty Tracks
- PharmD/MBA Dual Degree
- PharmD Curriculum & Course Information
- Ask A COP Student Ambassador
- OUCOP Student Ambassador Program: Service, Leadership, & Professionalism
- Life At OU College of Pharmacy
- Current PharmD Student Transfer Admissions
- Looking to Go From a BS in Pharmacy to a PharmD?
- Contact Us