Doctor of Pharmacy
The Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program, fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), provides educational training and experience in accord with ACPE standards and guidelines required of entry-level positions in all areas of contemporary pharmacy practice. Pharmacy graduates train for careers in all professional practice settings. Graduates may also choose from diverse opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry, government, or education. Board-certified specialties are available in multiple areas, including pharmacotherapy, psychopharmacy, nutrition, oncology, and nuclear pharmacy.
The University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. program is a four-year, full-time, professional doctoral program. Students spend the first three years in the classroom and spend the fourth year completing 9, one month rotations in various pharmacy settings including but not limited to community, hospital, clinical services, social and administrative services, and more.
OUCOP is fully accredited through the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), the accrediting body for all U.S. pharmacy schools. Current accreditation status, which was renewed in 2011, is valid through 2020. Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60503, 312/664-3575; FAX 312/664-4652, https://www.acpe-accredit.org.
OUCOP is regionally accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools via the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (https://www.ncahlc.org).
The college currently resides on the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) in Oklahoma City. The Office of Pharmacy Student Affairs is fully staffed to provide complete student services including, but not limited to, the functions of recruitment, admissions, and enrollment.
Doctor of Pharmacy
- PharmD Guaranteed Admission Option for High School Seniors
- Pharm.D. Guaranteed Admission Option for Those With Non-Science U.S. University Bachelor Degrees
- Pre-Pharmacy Coursework Requirements
- Pharm.D. Admissions
- Application Information
- Applicant Interview Information
- Paying for Pharmacy School
- Recruitment Events
- Visit OU College of Pharmacy
- Staying in Touch
- OUCOP Student Ambassador Program: Service, Leadership, & Professionalism
- Ask A COP Student Ambassador
- Ask the COP Admissions Director
- Degree Options and Specialty Tracks
- Admission Statistics & Program Quality Indicators
- Want to Learn More About the OU College of Pharmacy?
- Looking to transfer from your current Pharm.D. program?
- Looking to go from a BS in Pharmacy to a Pharm.D.?