Mission, Vision & Values
The mission of the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, as part of a comprehensive academic health sciences center, is to educate and empower professional, graduate, and post-graduate students to be highly qualified pharmacy practitioners, scientists and educators. Our mission is realized through an environment of creativity and innovation that fosters collaboration with external communities, respects diversity, and demonstrates commitment to advancements that influence the health and well-being of the public.
Our efforts to support our reputation as a recognized leader in education, research, scholarship and service will be unwavering. What we embody as an organization will attract the best and brightest students, faculty and external constituents who desire to grow and contribute to our collective successes. Our students and faculty will be engaged with patients and providers to further promote health and optimize medication use and outcomes. Our advances in knowledge and its applications will be evident through extramural support, publications, and presentations. We will strive to advance knowledge, the profession and health throughout our state, region, and nation.
The University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy is committed to excellence through the following values:
- Integrity in all that we do
- Accountability to others, as individuals and as an organization
- Compassion and respect for each other and those we serve
- Innovation in patient care, research and education to advance the public’s health and well-being
- Collaboration for synergy
- Diversity to enrich our environment, perspectives and influence
- Dynamic leadership demonstrated by all and to all we serve
- Professionalism and passion in serving others