Doctor of Pharmacy
The Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program, fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), provides educational training and experience in accord with ACPE standards and guidelines required of entry-level positions in all areas of contemporary pharmacy practice. Pharmacy graduates train for careers in all professional practice settings. Graduates may also choose from diverse opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry, government, or education. Board-certified specialties are available in multiple areas, including pharmacotherapy, psychopharmacy, nutrition, oncology, and nuclear pharmacy.
The University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. program is a four-year, full-time, professional doctoral program. Students spend the first three years in the classroom and spend the fourth year completing 9, one month rotations in various pharmacy settings including but not limited to community, hospital, clinical services, social and administrative services, and more.
OUCOP is fully accredited through the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), the accrediting body for all U.S. pharmacy schools. Current accreditation status, renewed in 2020, is valid through 2028. Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60503, 312/664-3575; FAX 312/664-4652, http://www.acpe-accredit.org.
OUCOP is regionally accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools via the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (http://www.ncahlc.org).
The college currently resides on the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) in Oklahoma City.
Doctor of Pharmacy
- Prospective Students
- OUCOP Recruitment & Admissions Response to COVID-19
- Is Pharmacy Right For Me?
- Pharmacy Careers
- Why OU College of Pharmacy?
- Schedule a Virtual Information Session
- Follow Us On Social Media
- OUCOP Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, & Equal Opportunity
- OUHSC College of Pharmacy Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Program
- PharmD Early Assurance Program for High School Seniors
- Pre-Pharmacy Course Requirements
- PharmD Admissions Information
- PharmD Application Information
- PharmD Applicant Interview Information
- Admission Statistics & Program Quality Indicators
- Paying for Pharmacy School
- Degree Options and Specialty Tracks
- PharmD/MBA Dual Degree
- PharmD Curriculum & Course Information
- Ask the COP Admissions Director
- Ask A COP Student Ambassador
- Life At OU College of Pharmacy
- OUCOP Student Ambassador Program: Service, Leadership, & Professionalism
- Looking to Transfer From Your Current PharmD Program?
- Looking to Go From a BS in Pharmacy to a PharmD?
- Contact Us