Transfer from Another College of Pharmacy
Individuals seeking transfer admission must:
- Submit a letter requesting transfer from the current or previous college of pharmacy including the reason for the request.
- Provide a letter from the dean’s office of the college of pharmacy certifying that the applicant is/was in good standing. This letter may serve as one of the three letters of reference required by the OUCOP.
- Supply a copy of the curricular requirements of the college of pharmacy in which the student is/was enrolled.
- Provide official transcripts of all completed college and university coursework as well as current enrollment. Transcripts are only considered official when they are mailed directly from the college or university attended.
- If the materials outlined above in steps 1-4 indicate that a candidate merits further consideration, then steps 6 and 7 may occur.
- Submit an official OUHSC application (once provided by the Director of Recruitment & Admissions) with payment of all applicable fees, three letters of reference (the dean’s letter may serve as one of the three), PCAT scores and any other requested information.
- Be available for a personal interview with the OUCOP if recommended by the ad hoc committee.
Initial inquiries and materials should be submitted to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions. The director will communicate with the applicant regarding any additional materials needed and will provide the OUHSC application once the initial materials have been received and it is determined the applicant is eligible for further consideration. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Inquiries should be made to Jennifer Richardson at email@example.com or by telephone at 405-271-6598.
Materials should be mailed to:
University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy
Office of Student Affairs
Attn: Jennifer Richardson
1110 N. Stonewall Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Review of Applications for Transfer
Following the interview, the ad hoc committee will provide a recommendation to the Dean of the College of Pharmacy regarding acceptance of the candidate. A recommendation for admission will include an individualized program of study for completion of the Doctor of Pharmacy degree which must be approved by the academic dean.
All students who receive the Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the OUCOP will be required to complete coursework as determined by the ad hoc committee and approved by the academic dean.
Looking to Transfer From Your Current PharmD Program?
Transfer Admission Policy
If there is available capacity in the program, completed applications for transfer from accredited U.S. colleges of pharmacy will be reviewed by an ad hoc committee appointed by the Dean of the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy (OUCOP). This committee will include representation from the Admissions Committee, the Academic Standings Committee, the Curriculum Committee, and Pharmacy Student Affairs. Any inquiries from students for advanced standing in the OUCOP will be referred to the Office of Student Affairs who will forward materials to the ad hoc committee chair.
Transfer admissions are not encouraged by the OUCOP; however, exceptions may be considered when personal circumstances have forced the individual to withdraw from another college of pharmacy. Individuals who have been enrolled in a college of pharmacy but are not presently enrolled may need to make application as a new student or may be considered for admission with advanced standing as determined by the ad hoc committee.
A transfer applicant’s undergraduate academic record and PCAT scores must meet the standards for admission for new students. A transfer applicant should have no grades below a “C” in any pharmacy professional coursework. Individuals dismissed from a college of pharmacy for insufficient academic performance or unprofessional behavior will not be considered for admission. Transfer applicants must successfully complete a personal interview. An interview is not guaranteed but will be offered if it is determined that one is warranted after considering the completed application.