Alumni and Continuing Education Events
Alumni Association Events and Continuing Education Programs
For more information on alumni events or continuing education seminars, please contact Cassidy Roberts at (405) 271-6194 or Cassidy-Roberts@ouhsc.edu.
Alumni Association Events
- The Adrenaline Run 5K/10K race is going virtual this year! Join us
from a distance on Saturday, March 6, 2021. For more information, click HERE. Register now HERE.
- The Alumni Association hosts a social event for the P4 Students in April which includes roundtable discussions on valuable topics for a post-graduation life.
- The Alumni Awards Reception is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 6:30pm. This is a free event for alumni.
- The College of Pharmacy holds a reception at the APhA Annual Meeting, NCPA Annual Meeting and APhA Annual Meeting. Look in the meeting program schedule for the Oklahoma Reception.
- The Alumni Association gives a gift to the incoming P1 students in August.
- The Alumni Association annual tailgate is cancelled this year due to COVID-19.
Continuing Education Activities
- The 2020 Walter P. Scheffe Continuing Pharmaceutical Education Series is cancelled due to COVID-19. We hope to see you at next year’s event!
- Register now for the Fourth Annual Toxicology Education Day
Fourth Annual Toxicology Education Day
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021, 8:00am– 5:05pm
Location: This continuing education activity will be held entirely online. Attendance links will be emailed to registrants prior to the program.
Continuing Education: This activity is eligible for 8.0 contact hours of ACPE credit.
Overview: The Fourth Annual Toxicology Education Day is a single-day conference geared toward health care professionals involved in the care of patients with overdoses, envenomations, or other exposures. This includes emergency medicine, critical care, family medicine, and internal medicine physicians and mid-level providers, pediatricians, pharmacists, nurses and pre-hospital providers. The activity will take place virtually online. Topics delivered by experts in the fields of toxicology, emergency medicine and critical care include: an approach to the poisoned patient, riot control agents, toxicologic causes of hyperthermia, medical marijuana and over-the-counter CBD products for chronic pain, aspirin overdoses, bites and stings, and toxicant-related lung injuries. The conference will include a multi-disciplinary roundtable in which several health care providers will discuss a very hypotensive patient and will finish with an interactive high yield board review session.
For more information and to register, please visit https://ouhsc.cloud-cme.com/course/courseoverview?P=0&EID=9908. We hope to (virtually) see you there!