Wei Yue, Ph.D.
My research program focuses on studying novel mechanisms involved in regulation of OATP1B1 and OATP1B3 transport function. The long-term goal of my laboratory is to establish a mechanistic model to predict OATP-mediated drug-drug interactions, toxicities and inter-individual variability in drug response. Multi-disciplinary approaches are utilized including: 1) Sandwich-cultured primary human hepatocytes model; 2) Physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling approach to assess clinically relevant DDIs; 3) Pharmacogenomics studies of drug transport proteins; 4) Post-translational regulation of OATP transporters; 5) Confocal microscopy to study trafficking of the transport proteins.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Developmental Biology
Joint PhD program in Peking Union Medical College and Shandong University, China2001
M.S. in Developmental Biology
Shandong University,, China1998
B.S. in Plant Pathology
Shandong Agricultural University, China1995
Publications & Presentations
- Alam K, Crowe A, Wang X, Zhang P, Ding K, Li L, Yue W. Regulation of organic anion transporting polypeptides (OATP) 1B1- and OATP1B3-mediated transport: an updated review in the context of OATP-mediated drug-drug interactions. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2018; 19 : 855
- Alam K, Farasyn T, Ding K, Yue W. Characterization of liver- and cancer-type-organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) 1B3 messenger RNA expression in normal and cancerous human tissues. Drug Metabolism Letters. 2018
- Alam K, Farasyn T, Crowe A, Ding K, Yue W. Treatment with Proteasome Inhibitor Bortezomib Decreases Organic Anion Transporting Polypeptide (OATP) 1B3-Mediated Transport in a Substrate-Dependent Manner. Public Library of Science ONE. 2017; 12 : e0186924
- Pahwa S, Alam K, Crowe A, Farasyn T, Sibylle N, Hatley O, Ding K, Yue W. Pretreatment With Rifampicin and Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Dasatinib Potentiates the Inhibitory Effects Toward OATP1B1- and OATP1B3-Mediated Transport. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 106 : 2123
- Alam K, Pahwa S, Wang X, Zhang P, Ding K, Abuznait A, Li L, Yue W,. Downregulation of Organic Anion Transporting Polypeptide (OATP) 1B1 Transport Function by Lysosomotropic Drug Chloroquine: Implication in OATP-Mediated Drug-Drug Interactions. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2016; 13 : 839–851