Wei Yue, Ph.D.
My research program focuses on studying novel mechanisms involved in regulation of OATP1B1 and OATP1B3 transport function. The long-term goal of my laboratory is to establish a mechanistic model to predict OATP-mediated drug-drug interactions, toxicities and inter-individual variability in drug response. Multi-disciplinary approaches are utilized including: 1) Sandwich-cultured primary human hepatocytes model; 2) Physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling approach to assess clinically relevant DDIs; 3) Pharmacogenomics studies of drug transport proteins; 4) Post-translational regulation of OATP transporters; 5) Confocal microscopy to study trafficking of the transport proteins.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Developmental Biology
Joint PhD program in Peking Union Medical College and Shandong University, China2001
M.S. in Developmental Biology
Shandong University,, China1998
B.S. in Plant Pathology
Shandong Agricultural University, China1995
Publications & Presentations
- Alam K, Crowe A, Wang X, Zhang P, Ding K, Li L, Yue W. Regulation of organic anion transporting polypeptides (OATP) 1B1- and OATP1B3-mediated transport: an updated review in the context of OATP-mediated drug-drug interactions. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2018; 19 : 855
- Crowe A, Zheng W, Miller J, Pahwa S, Alam K, Fung K, Rubin E, Yin F, Ding K, Yue W. Characterization of plasma membrane localization and phosphorylation status of organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) 1B1 c.521 T>C polymorphism, Pharmaceutical Research. Pharmaceutical Research. In Press
- Crowe A, Miller J, Zheng W, Pahwa S, Alam K, Fung K, Rubin E, Yin F, Ding K, Yue W. Genotyping of the OATP1B1 c. 521 T>C polymorphism from the Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) tissue specimens: an optimized protocol. MethodsX. In Press
- Farasyn T, Crowe A, Hatley O, Neuhoff S, Alam K, Kanyod J, Lamd T, Ding K, Yue W. Assessing organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) 1B1- and 1B3-mediated drug-drug interaction of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitors everolimus and sirolimus. J Pharm Sc. In Press
- Alam K, Farasyn T, Ding K, Yue W. Characterization of liver- and cancer-type-organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) 1B3 messenger RNA expression in normal and cancerous human tissues. Drug Metabolism Letters. 2018
- Post-translational regulation of hepatic transporters organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) 1B1 and 1B3 by immunosuppressant cyclosporine A: Implication in Transporter-Mediated Drug-Drug Interactions. 2018.
- Function and Regulation of OATP1B1 and OATP1B3. 2000.
- Post-translational regulation of transporters organic anion transporting polypeptides (OATP) 1B1 and 1B3 by immunosuppressant cyclosporine A: Implication in Transporter-Mediated Drug-Drug Interactions . 2017.
- Prediction of OATP-Mediated Drug-Drug Interactions (DDIs) Using Calcineurin Phosphatase Inhibition as a Novel DDI Signal. 2000.
- OATP transporter homeostasis and pharmacodynamics of OATP-DDI. 2000.