Wei Yue, Ph.D.
My research program focuses on studying novel mechanisms involved in regulation of OATP1B1 and OATP1B3 transport function. The long-term goal of my laboratory is to establish a mechanistic model to predict OATP-mediated drug-drug interactions, toxicities and inter-individual variability in drug response. Multi-disciplinary approaches are utilized including: 1) Sandwich-cultured primary human hepatocytes model; 2) Physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling approach to assess clinically relevant DDIs; 3) Pharmacogenomics studies of drug transport proteins; 4) Post-translational regulation of OATP transporters; 5) Confocal microscopy to study trafficking of the transport proteins.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Developmental Biology
Joint PhD program in Peking Union Medical College and Shandong University, China2001
M.S. in Developmental Biology
Shandong University,, China1998
B.S. in Plant Pathology
Shandong Agricultural University, China1995
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Kayesh R, Farasyn T, Crowe A, Liu Q, Pahwa S, Alam K, Neuhoff S, Hatley O, Ding K, Yue W. Assessing OATP1B1- and OATP1B3-Mediated Drug-Drug Interaction Potential of Vemurafenib Using R-Value and Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic Models. Journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2020; 110 : 314-324
2. Crowe A, Yue W. An integrative method to semi-quantitatively determine membrane transporter expression by immunohistochemistry staining. Bio-Protocol. 2019
3. Liu Q, Keyesh R, Farasyn T, Li Y, Vu N, Kupiec T, Yue W. A sensitive quantification method of unbound vemurafenib in human plasma using equilibrium dialysis followed by ultra-performance liquid chromatography coupled to a tandem mass spectrometry. PharmSci 360-AAPS Annual Meeting. 2019
4. Kayesh R, Farasyn T, Crowe A, Liu Q, Pahwa S, Alam K, Ding K, Neuhoff S, Hatley O, Yue W. Assessing OATP1B1- and OATP1B3-mediated drug-drug interaction potential of vemurafenib using static and physiologically based pharmacokinetic models. PharmSci 360-AAPS Annual Meeting. 2019
5. Wang L, Yue W, Hu M. Cellular uptake kinetic studies of Wogonoside, Luteolin 3’-glucuronide and apigenin 7-glucuronide in OATP1B1, 1B3 and 2B1 overexpressed HEK-293 cell lines. PharmSci 360-AAPS Annual Meeting. 2019