The social and administrative sciences include three strategic areas related to healthcare and pharmacy:
- Economics of pharmaceuticals and other health interventions
- Marketing of pharmaceuticals and health services
- Management of healthcare resources
Research in this area is grounded in the fields of health economics, marketing, and the social and behavioral sciences.
Graduate education in Pharmacy Administration involves five areas of emphasis:
Community and Behavioral Health Sciences
This is an interdisciplinary program utilizing the resources of the College of Public Health and the College of Business in addition to the College of Pharmacy.
Examples of advanced coursework:
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Biostatistics Methods
- Health Economics
- Advanced Pharmacy Management and Marketing
- Advanced Pharmacoeconomics and Pharmacoepidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Issues in the Medication Use Process