To be considered, you must first submit a pre-application. Applications will not be considered without a pre-application approval. Only a limited number of new graduate positions are available each year and are dependent on funded research projects. This pre-application online service is available only during the months of September through November.
You may start your pre-application here.
Please note: All application materials should be received by December 15 for admission the following fall. Late applications may be considered with prior approval of the College of Pharmacy Graduate Program.
- Only those individuals who have received encouragement from the college in the pre-application process can complete a formal application.
- Applications are best submitted through the admissions website. Please specify you are applying for the Doctor of Philosophy program (major code 1211R).
- GRE and TOEFL scores must be provided directly by the testing services (the institutional code for the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is 6902).
(Preferably submit via single email attachment to OUPharmGrad@ouhsc.edu.)
There are several items that should be sent directly to the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Graduate Program, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 1110 N. Stonewall Ave, CPB-303, Oklahoma City, OK, 73117:
- Three letters of reference using this fillable pdf form. Download the Letter of Reference form.
- A resume that lists your education and professional experience.
- A personal statement which includes a narrative description of your career goals. Include your research interests and the area of specialization in which you wish to train.
- One copy of any scientific or professional articles that you have authored or co-authored. (Limit to 3 most significant publications)
Official transcripts from US Universities must be sent directly to: Office of Admissions and Records, University of Oklahoma HSC, 1105 North Stonewall, LIB 121, Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1221 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University policy requires that international transcripts be analyzed by the World Education Services (WES). Information can be obtained through www.wes.org. WES evaluation must be sent directly to: Office of Admissions and Records, University of Oklahoma HSC, 1105 North Stonewall, LIB 121, Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1221. Applications will not be reviewed without the WES evaluation.