2021-22 Recruitment Events
Pharmacy School Interview Preparation Workshop
The OU College of Pharmacy conducts a pharmacy school interview prep workshop for pre-pharmacy students every fall. This workshop is designed to provide details on how to prepare for the multiple mini interview process and what to expect on the interview day as well as some opportunities to practice your interviewing skills.
Our 10th pharmacy school prep interview workshop will be held on Saturday, October 23. This event will be a hybrid event with the option to either attend in person or via Zoom. The program begins at 9:30 am and will end around 12:30 pm. If you attend in person, lunch will be provided following the event. This would be a wonderful opportunity to spend time with our student ambassadors that day.
Prepare yourself for your future in pharmacy school!
Preparing for interviews is as important as preparing for an exam. Attending our workshop provides the following benefits:
- Learn more about the Multiple Mini Interview format.
- Practice your interviewing skills.
- Interact with our student ambassadors and get all of your questions answered.
Pillars For Success Pharmacy Camp for Undergraduate Students
The dates for the camp are May 16-20 and 23-27, 2022. (Participants must be able to attend BOTH weeks!)
THE CAMP APPLICATION will open on February 1, 2022!
The application deadline is April 1, 2022.
There is no application fee and the camp is FREE to all selected participants!
What is Pillars For Success Undergraduate Camp?
The OUCOP Pillars For Success Undergraduate Camp provides up to 10 pre-pharmacy students who have completed at least 24 semester hours, a 2-week intensive camp designed to provide the foundation for a successful pharmacy school application. Sessions will include pharmacy school study prep, one-on-one application coaching, introduction to pharmacy school topics, interaction with faculty, alumni, and pharmacy students, teamwork, leadership development, interviewing skills, job shadowing, and more.
This camp is FREE and all necessary materials will be provided to applicants. However, participants are financially responsible for their own personal travel and lodging.
Who's Eligible for the Camp?
We accept a maximum of 10 students for the camp. Applicants must have completed at least their freshman year of college or a minimum of 24 semester hours and must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be pre-pharmacy and currently working on completing pre-requisite course requirements. Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 overall GPA.
- Priority will be given to applicants living in the OKC metro area or who attend OU Norman or come from a disadvantaged background or represent a group that is underrepresented in the health professions. However, all qualified students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants accepted for the camp must be able to provide their own transportation and housing for the duration of the camp. Some meals will be provided and all activities, materials, and assessments will be provided by OUCOP.
- Interested students must complete the online application by Friday, April 1, 2022. Those selected to participate in the camp will be notified by Friday, April 15, 2022 and will be required to confirm attendance no later than Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
- Transcripts will be required to be received by Pharmacy Student Affairs no later than Monday, April 4, 2022. Unofficial copies are acceptable and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Pillars for Success" in the subject line.
- If we receive more applications than spaces available, a waitlist will be created for qualified applicants based on the order in which the applications were received.
Camp Participant Benefits
- Enhance your pharmacy school application
- Receive valuable study prep materials, other leadership assessments, and personal advisement & coaching
- Participate in unique pharmacy opportunities
- Network with faculty, alumni, and students
- Network with potential future classmates
- Leadership and teamwork development
- Enhance your interviewing skills
- Learn more about financing your pharmacy education
OUCOP Future PharmeRx Preview Day
This popular event is traditionally held the last Saturday of February each year. We are currently planning to hold this event on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2022.
Registration for this event will open January 3, 2022! Check back then for the registration link!
Registration is limited to the first 75 students to sign up!
Early registration is encouraged as this event tends to fill quickly!
- Registration deadline: February 14, 2022
- Sessions will include pharmacy career exploration, pharmacy school admissions, and a pill skills relay competition!
- Photobooth to show off your Future Pharmacist career!
Confirmation emails will be sent to registrants with full details. Once registration is full, a waitlist will be opened on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions can be sent to OUPharmD@ouhsc.edu.
Are you a middle school or high school student interested in learning more about the profession of pharmacy? Then this event is for you! Attendees will get the opportunity to learn more about the pharmacy profession and pharmacy school from our faculty, students, and staff with various interactive activities and tours.
This year's OUCOP Future PharmeRx Preview Day will be Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022 beginning at 9:00 am and ending around 2:15 pm. This event is FREE.
This event will be held at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy, 1110 N Stonewall Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73117.
This event is open to the first 75 middle school and high school students who register. A tentative schedule is below but this schedule is subject to change based on availability.
9:00 am: Registration & Breakfast
9:15 am: Introduction to Pharmacy & Pharmacy School
9:45 am: Break
10:00 am: Session 1 (Topics may include pharmacy careers, college admission information, paying for school, lab activities)
10:45 am: Switch Sessions
11:00 am: Session 2 (Topics may include pharmacy careers, college admission information, paying for school, lab activities)l
11:45 am: Lunch-Networking with Faculty & Pharmacy Students
1:00 pm: Session 3 (Topics may include pharmacy careers, college admission information, paying for school, lab activities)
1:45 pm: Campus Tour
Prescription for Inspiration Admissions Workshop
An in-person workshop will be held in Spring 2022. This workshop gives attendees an opportunity to go in-depth into the admissions process covering everything from requirements and application procedures to how to enhance skills necessary for success in gaining admission. While this workshop is beneficial to anyone thinking about applying to pharmacy school, it can be the most beneficial to those who are ready to apply for the next entering class.
The Spring 2022 Prescription for Inspiration Admissions Workshop will be held on Saturday, April 2, 2022.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN MARCH 1, 2022! CHECK BACK THEN TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.