Vibhudutta Awasthi, Ph.D.
My research interests are in the development of radiopharmaceuticals, small animal imaging and use of radiological imaging techniques to answer physiological questions. My current research focuses on the development of liposome encapsulated hemoglobin as an artificial oxygen carrier and he is studying cerebral oxygen metabolism using positron emission tomography. I am a board certified nuclear pharmacist with expertise in areas related to drug delivery, formulation development, nuclear pharmacy and small animal nuclear imaging.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Nuclear Medicine
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (India)1994
M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Saugor, Madhya Pradesh (India)
B. Pharm. in Pharmacy
Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Saugor, India1988
Publications & Presentations
- Awasthi S, Rahman N, Hedrick A, Awasthi V, Breshears M, Kosanke S. Analysis of health and lung injury markers in mice treated with TLR4-interacting SPA4 peptide. Journal of Immunology (Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2019; 202 : 64.26
- Yari H, Nkepang G, Awasthi V. Surface Modification of Liposomes by a Lipopolymer Targeting Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen for Theranostic Delivery in Prostate Cancer. Materials. 2019; 12 : 756-776
- Hopiavuori B R, Deák F, Wilkerson J R, Brush R S, Rocha-Hopiavuori N A, Hopiavuori A R, Sullivan M T, Ozan K G, Wren J D, Georgescu C, Szweda L, Awasthi V, Towner R, Sherry D M, Anderson R E, Agbaga M P. Homozygous Expression of Mutant ELOVL4 Leads to Seizures and Death in a Novel Animal Model of Very Long-Chain Fatty Acid Deficiency. Molecular Neurobiology. 2018; 55 : 1795-1813
- Awasthi S, Kumar G, Xie J, Beierle J, Awasthi V, Ramani V, Singh B, Breshears M, Kosanke S. Toll-like receptor-4-interacting surfactant protein-A-derived peptide reduces inflammation in a mouse model of intratracheal lipopolysaccharide challenge. Journal of Immunology (Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2018; 200 : 174.10
- Rao G, Nkepang G, Yari H, Xu J, Houson H, Teng C, Awasthi V. Ubiquitin Receptor RPN13 Mediates the Inhibitory Interaction of Diphenyldihaloketones CLEFMA and EF24 with the 26S Proteasome. Frontiers in Chemistry . 2018; 6 : 392