Vibhudutta Awasthi, Ph.D.
My research interests are in the development of radiopharmaceuticals, small animal imaging and use of radiological imaging techniques to answer physiological questions. My current research focuses on the development of liposome encapsulated hemoglobin as an artificial oxygen carrier and he is studying cerebral oxygen metabolism using positron emission tomography. I am a board certified nuclear pharmacist with expertise in areas related to drug delivery, formulation development, nuclear pharmacy and small animal nuclear imaging.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Nuclear Medicine
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (India)1994
M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Saugor, Madhya Pradesh (India)
B. Pharm. in Pharmacy
Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Saugor, India1988
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Awasthi V, Vilekar P, Rao G, Awasthi S. Anti-inflammatory mediators ST2 and SIGIRR are induced by diphenyldifluoroketone EF24 in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated dendritic cells. Immunobiology. 2020; 225 : 151886
2. Awasthi S, Rahman N, Rui B, Kumar G, Awasthi V, Breshears M, Kosanke S. Lung and general health effects of Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4)-interacting SPA4 peptide. BMC pulmonary medicine. 2020; 20 : 179
3. Sundriyal S, Eeda V, Lagisetty P, Awasthi V. Tubulin inhibitory activity of a novel colchicine-binding compounds based on a dinaphthospiropyran scaffold. Bioorg Med Chem . 2020; 29 : 115874
4. Houson H, Hedrick A, Awasthi V. Characterization of a rat model by [18F]FDG/PET and [99mTc]MIBI/SPECT. Animal Models and Experimental Medicine. 2020; 3
5. Houson H, Mdzinarishvili A, Gali H, Sidorov E, Awasthi V. PET Detection of Cerebral Necrosis Using an Infarct-Avid Agent 2-Deoxy-2-[18F]Fluoro-D-Glucaric Acid (FGA) in a Mouse Model of the Brain Stroke. Molecular imaging and biology. 2020; 22 : 1353-1361
- 1. Developing PPARγ acetylation inhibitor for the treatment of aging-related conditions NIH. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2026.
2. Preclinical Validation of PPARg Acetylation Inhibitors for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment NIH. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2026.
3. Surfactant protein-A regions as TLR4-immunomodulators NIH Grant, Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2022.
4. Pharmacotherapy of Traumatic Brain Injury Accompanied by Hemorrhagic Shock NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2021.
5. Development of Bioactive Peptides for the Inhibition of Neuroinflammation and Neurotoxicity Induced by Amyloid-beta Non-federal Grant, Start Date: 2020. End Date: 2020.