Lourdes G. Planas, RPh, PhD, FAPhA
Dr. Planas teaches biostatistics, drug literature evaluation, and sociobehavioral aspects of medication use. She uses qualitative and quantitative research methods to assess medication optimization interventions in community pharmacy and primary care practice settings. She works with Latinx and other underserved communities to advance health literacy and patient engagement in cardiovascular health, diabetes, and vaccinations. Dr. Planas has conducted scholarship of teaching and learning on the development of problem-solving and communication skills among student pharmacists.
Publications & Presentations
- 26. Planas L G, Er N. A systems approach to scaffold communication skills development. Am J Pharm Educ . 2008; 72 : Article 35.
27. Dennis V C, Ripley T L, Planas L G, Beach P. Dietary vitamin K in oral anticoagulation patients: Clinician practices and knowledge in outpatient settings. J Pharm Technol . 2008; 24 : 69-76.
28. Planas L G, Kimberlin C L, Segal R, Brushwood D B, Hepler C D, Schlenker B R. A pharmacist model of perceived responsibility for drug therapy outcomes. Soc Sci Med . 2005; 60 : 2393-403.
29. Er N, Planas L G. A web-based tool to evaluate clinical communications skills. TechTrends. 2005; 49 : 63-5.
30. Ried L D, Planas L G. Aging, health, and depressive symptoms: Are women and men different?. J Womens Health. 2002; 11 : 813-24.
- 6. Evaluation of a community-based diabetes management program among HMO enrollees. ASHP. Start Date: 2005. End Date: 2008.
7. Evaluation of a hypertension medication therapy management program among HMO enrollees with diabetes. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2005. End Date: 2007.
Awards and Honors
- 1. University of Oklahoma Latinx Coalition. Outstanding Faculty Member. Date: 2020.
2. American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Pharmaceutical Research & Science. Fellow. Date: 2020.
3. OUHSC Outstanding Student Organization Advisor of the Year. Date: 2017.
4. American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Pharmacy Practice & Management. Presentation Merit Award. Date: 2016.
5. American Pharmacists Association. Clinical Research Paper Award. Date: 2015.
- 1. Degree: Ph D. University of Florida. Date: 2001.
2. Degree: BS. Xavier University of Louisiana. Date: 1990.