Lourdes G. Planas, RPh, PhD, FAPhA
Dr. Planas teaches biostatistics, drug literature evaluation, and sociobehavioral aspects of medication use. She uses qualitative and quantitative research methods to assess medication optimization interventions in community pharmacy and primary care practice settings. She works with Latinx and other underserved communities to advance health literacy and patient engagement in cardiovascular health, diabetes, and vaccinations. Dr. Planas has conducted scholarship of teaching and learning on the development of problem-solving and communication skills among student pharmacists.
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Sifat M S, Hébert E T, Ahluwalia J S, Businelle M S, Waring J J, Frank-Pearce S G, Bryer C, Benson L, Madison S, Planas L G, Baranskaya I V, Kendzor D E. Varenicline combined with oral nicotine replacement therapy and smartphone-based medication reminders for smoking cessation: A pilot and feasibility study. JMIR Formative Research. 2023; In Press.
2. Warholak T, Barner J C, Unni E, Thomas T F, Devraj R, Quiñones-Boex A C, Blakely M L, Clark M A, Irwin A N, Nagel-Edwards K, Suda K J, Zgarrick D, Young H N, Nau D, Planas L G. Reliability and validity evidence for an academic gender equity questionnaire. Am J Pharm Educ. 2023; 87 : Article 9049.
3. Devraj R, Warholak T, Planas L G. Seeking gender equity in pharmacy academia. Am J Pharm Educ. 2023; 87 : Article 9050.
4. Thomas T F, Devraj R, Quiñones-Boex A C, Planas L G, Unni E, Barner J C, Blakely M L, Clark M A, Irwin A N, Nagel-Edwards K, Suda K J, Zgarrick D, Young H N, Nau D P, Warholak T. Gender equity perceptions among social & administrative sciences faculty: a qualitative evaluation. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2023; 63 : 50-7.
5. Schommer J C, Gaither C A, Alvarez N A, Lee S, Shaughnessy A M, Arya V, Planas L G, Fadare O, Witry M J. Pharmacy Workplace Wellbeing and Resilience: Themes Identified from a Hermeneutic Phenomenological Analysis with Future Recommendations. Pharmacy. 2022; 10 : Article 158.
- 6. Evaluation of a community-based diabetes management program among HMO enrollees. ASHP. Start Date: 2005. End Date: 2008.
7. Evaluation of a hypertension medication therapy management program among HMO enrollees with diabetes. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2005. End Date: 2007.
Awards and Honors
- 1. University of Oklahoma Latinx Coalition. Outstanding Faculty Member. Date: 2020.
2. American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Pharmaceutical Research & Science. Fellow. Date: 2020.
3. OUHSC Outstanding Student Organization Advisor of the Year. Date: 2017.
4. American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Pharmacy Practice & Management. Presentation Merit Award. Date: 2016.
5. American Pharmacists Association. Clinical Research Paper Award. Date: 2015.
- 1. Degree: Ph D. University of Florida. Date: 2001.
2. Degree: BS. Xavier University of Louisiana. Date: 1990.