• May I apply for the Masters program?


  • Do I need a Masters degree before I can apply for the Ph.D. program?

    No. Preference is given to applicants with prior research experience and a MS degree.

  • Does the program offer spring or summer admission?

    No. All openings for graduate training are filled for the fall session, and all financial commitments for stipends are made for the fiscal year that ends in June.

  • How long does the program last?

    Full-time students typically require 5 years for the Ph.D. degree (90 credit hours). The actual time required for the degree is influenced by the course load taken each term, and the progress of the student’s graduate research project.

  • Is a separate form required to request financial aid?

    No. Full-time doctoral students who are admitted will be offered financial aid, unless they have independent funding. No funding is provided for students in the Masters program.

  • Can the WES requirement be waived?

    No. Certified evaluation of international transcripts is a university-wide requirement.

  • Can I become a registered pharmacist after completing a graduate degree?

    No. A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree is required for professional licensure in the United States.

  • What courses will I be expected to take?

    Each student works with his/her advisor to establish a plan of study that is appropriate for that area of specialization and the research project of the student. See examples of coursework that are listed under the areas of emphasis, and courses listed in the Graduate Program Handbook.

  • This FAQ does not answer my question.

    Please email your question to: OUPharmGrad@ouhsc.edu