Peter N. Johnson, Pharm.D., BCPPS, FPPAG, FCCM, FASHP
- President's Associate Presidential Professor
- Director, PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency
- Director, Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Degree Option
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Besunder J B, Betters K A, Johnson P N, Srinivasan V, Stormorken A, Farrington E, Golianu B, Godshall A J, Acinelli L, Almgren C, Bailey C H, Boyd J M, Cisco M J, Damian M, deAlmeida M L, Fehr J, Fenton K E, Gilliland F, Howell J, Ruggles C A, Simone S, Su F, Sullivan J E, Tegtmeyer K, Traube C, Williams S, Berkenbosch J W. 2022 Society of Critical Care Medicine Clinical Practice Guidelines on Prevention and Management of Pain, Agitation, Neuromuscular Blockade, and Delirium in Critically Ill Pediatric Patients With Consideration of the ICU Environment and Early Mobility. Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies. 2022; 23 : e74-e110
2. Frazier C A, Scott B M, Johnson P N, LaRochelle J M. Antimicrobial Prophylaxis and Anticoagulation Therapy in Pediatric ECMO: A Survey Study. The journal of pediatric pharmacology and therapeutics : JPPT : the official journal of PPAG. 2022; 27 : 72-79
3. Harkin M, Miller J L, Lim S Y, Neely S, Walsh C K, Johnson P N. Conversion From Continuous Infusion Fentanyl to Continuous Infusion Hydromorphone in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. The Annals of pharmacotherapy. 2021; 55 : 1439-1446
4. Bobo K S, Cober M P, Eiland L S, Heigham M, King M, Johnson P N, Miller J L, Sierra C M. Key articles and guidelines for the pediatric clinical pharmacist from 2019 and 2020. American journal of health-system pharmacy : AJHP : official journal of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. 2021
5. Johnson P N. Pediatric critical care. Central South University Pharmacy. 2021 : 560-84
- 1. Evaluation of caffeine dosing regimens and the impact of developmental pharmacokinetics in neonates with apnea of prematurity. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2020. End Date: 2021.
2. Characterization of fentanyl metabolic and renal elimination pathways in children less than two years of age. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2018. End Date: 2020.
3. Development of a dose-exposure response relationship for detection of opioid tolerance in critically-ill children receiving fentanyl continuous infusions. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2015. End Date: 2017.
4. Development of a dose-exposure response relationship for detection of opioid tolerance in critically-ill children receiving fentanyl continuous infusions. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2015. End Date: 2017.
5. Comparison of amikacin pharmacokinetics in neonates pre- and post- a dosing protocol change. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2014. End Date: 2015.
Awards and Honors
- 1. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. President's Associates Presidential Professorship. Date: 2019.
2. Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. Christensen Young Investigator Award (Served as resident mentor). Date: 2016.
3. Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. Scholarship in Teaching Award. Date: 2016.
4. Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. Best Student Investigator Award (Served as student mentor). Date: 2015.
5. University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics. Best Trainee Research Award (Served as resident mentor). Date: 2015.
- 1. Degree: PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency. Kentucky Children's Hospital and University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center. Date: 2006.
2. Degree: PGY1 Pharmacy Residency. University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center. Date: 2005.
3. Degree: PharmD. University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Date: 2004.
4. Degree: BS. University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. Date: 2002.