Vibhudutta Awasthi, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Dean for Research
Phone (405) 271-6593 x47331
Fax (405) -271-7505
Office CPB 309
My research interests are in the development of radiopharmaceuticals, small animal imaging and use of radiological imaging techniques to answer physiological questions. My current research focuses on the development of liposome encapsulated hemoglobin as an artificial oxygen carrier and he is studying cerebral oxygen metabolism using positron emission tomography. I am a board certified nuclear pharmacist with expertise in areas related to drug delivery, formulation development, nuclear pharmacy and small animal nuclear imaging.
Publications & Presentations
- 11. Houson H, Hedrick A, Awasthi V. Characterization of a rat model by [18F]FDG/PET and [99mTc]MIBI/SPECT. Animal Models and Experimental Medicine. 2020; 3
12. Houson H, Mdzinarishvili A, Gali H, Sidorov E, Awasthi V. PET Detection of Cerebral Necrosis Using an Infarct-Avid Agent 2-Deoxy-2-[18F]Fluoro-D-Glucaric Acid (FGA) in a Mouse Model of the Brain Stroke. Molecular imaging and biology. 2020; 22 : 1353-1361
13. Lagisetty P, Eeda V, Yadav V, Nimmo S L, Subramaniam D, Powell D R, Awasthi V. Tumor suppressive activities of solvatochromic 3,3’-azadimethylene dinaphthospiropyran in colon cancer model. . Chemical Biology and Drug Design . 2020; 97 : 325-340
14. Yari H, Gali H, Awasthi V. Nanoparticles for Targeting of Prostate Cancer. Current pharmaceutical design. 2020; 26 : 5393-5413
15. Awasthi S, Rahman N, Hedrick A, Awasthi V, Breshears M, Kosanke S. Analysis of health and lung injury markers in mice treated with TLR4-interacting SPA4 peptide. Journal of Immunology (Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2019; 202 : 64.26
- 1. Developing PPARγ acetylation inhibitor for the treatment of aging-related conditions. NIH. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2026.
2. Preclinical Validation of PPARg Acetylation Inhibitors for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment. NIH. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2026.
3. Surfactant protein-A regions as TLR4-immunomodulators. NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2023.
4. Surfactant protein-A regions as TLR4-immunomodulators. NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2023.
5. Pharmacotherapy of Traumatic Brain Injury Accompanied by Hemorrhagic Shock. NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2022.
Awards and Honors
- 1. USPTO. Patent application issued. Date: 2015.
2. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Article selected as a featured research paper. Date: 2015.
3. Robert Glenn Rapp Foundation. Presidential Professor . Date: 2013.
4. Sandra K and David L Gilliland Chair in Nuclear Pharmacy . Date: 2012.
- 1. Degree: Ph D. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences . Date: 1994.
2. Degree: M. Pharm.. Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (Formerly, University of Sagar). Date: 1990.
3. Degree: B. Pharm. Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (Formerly, University of Sagar). Date: 1988.
- 1. Associate Dean. College. Lead research enterprise of the College of Pharmacy. Represent the College at the HSC level. Mentor researchers.Date: 2020.
2. Director. University. Direction and conduct of nuclear imaging services for biomedical investigators; Production of PET radiotracers for preclinical imaging and preparation for regulatory compliance for clinical applications; Consultations with researchers about imaging and tracer applications.Date: 2007.
External Connections and Partnerships