Vibhudutta Awasthi, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Dean for Research
Phone (405) 271-6593 x47331
Fax (405) -271-7505
Office CPB 309
My research interests are in the development of radiopharmaceuticals, small animal imaging and use of radiological imaging techniques to answer physiological questions. My current research focuses on the development of liposome encapsulated hemoglobin as an artificial oxygen carrier and he is studying cerebral oxygen metabolism using positron emission tomography. I am a board certified nuclear pharmacist with expertise in areas related to drug delivery, formulation development, nuclear pharmacy and small animal nuclear imaging.
Publications & Presentations
- 6. Awasthi V, Sahoo K. Differential oxidative and pro-apoptotic response to an anti-inflammatory agent CLEFMA. BioRxiv . 2021
7. Awwad H O, Hedrick A, Mdzinarishvili A, Houson H, Standifer K, Awasthi V. Modeling traumatic brain injury combined with hemorrhagic shock in rats: Neurological assessment and PET imaging with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucaric acid. . BioRxiv . 2021
8. Awasthi V, Vilekar P, Rao G, Awasthi S. Anti-inflammatory mediators ST2 and SIGIRR are induced by diphenyldifluoroketone EF24 in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated dendritic cells. Immunobiology. 2020; 225 : 151886
9. Awasthi S, Rahman N, Rui B, Kumar G, Awasthi V, Breshears M, Kosanke S. Lung and general health effects of Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4)-interacting SPA4 peptide. BMC pulmonary medicine. 2020; 20 : 179
10. Sundriyal S, Eeda V, Lagisetty P, Awasthi V. Tubulin inhibitory activity of a novel colchicine-binding compounds based on a dinaphthospiropyran scaffold. Bioorg Med Chem . 2020; 29 : 115874
- 1. Developing PPARγ acetylation inhibitor for the treatment of aging-related conditions. NIH. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2026.
2. Preclinical Validation of PPARg Acetylation Inhibitors for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment. NIH. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2026.
3. Surfactant protein-A regions as TLR4-immunomodulators. NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2023.
4. Surfactant protein-A regions as TLR4-immunomodulators. NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2023.
5. Pharmacotherapy of Traumatic Brain Injury Accompanied by Hemorrhagic Shock. NIH. Start Date: 2017. End Date: 2022.
Awards and Honors
- 1. USPTO. Patent application issued. Date: 2015.
2. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Article selected as a featured research paper. Date: 2015.
3. Robert Glenn Rapp Foundation. Presidential Professor . Date: 2013.
4. Sandra K and David L Gilliland Chair in Nuclear Pharmacy . Date: 2012.
- 1. Degree: Ph D. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences . Date: 1994.
2. Degree: M. Pharm.. Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (Formerly, University of Sagar). Date: 1990.
3. Degree: B. Pharm. Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (Formerly, University of Sagar). Date: 1988.
- 1. Associate Dean. College. Lead research enterprise of the College of Pharmacy. Represent the College at the HSC level. Mentor researchers.Date: 2020.
2. Director. University. Direction and conduct of nuclear imaging services for biomedical investigators; Production of PET radiotracers for preclinical imaging and preparation for regulatory compliance for clinical applications; Consultations with researchers about imaging and tracer applications.Date: 2007.
External Connections and Partnerships