- Agency for Toxic Substances on Disease Registry (ATSDR) Public Health Service agency with searchable databases for environmental health and hazardous substances. Includes Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) on toxicology, HazDat database, Science Corner and Top 20 Hazardous Substances.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) This website includes a link to MMWR, health information, traveler's health and vaccination recommendations, statistics and epidemiology, publications, immunization information, training and employment.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Contains information on foods, human drugs, biologics, devices, cosmetics, toxicology, news releases, legal briefs and the "Orange Book" through the Center for Drug Information. Also contains article and a search engine.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Information about resources and referrals, alcohol and drug facts and publications. This is a service of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Contains information on news and events, health information, Library catalogs and journals, grant information and links to the other organizations that make up NIH. Information about clinical trials available here.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Information about OSHA, regulations and compliance, outreach training and publications can be found at this site.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Contains information to help keep American families safe by reducing the risk of injury or death from consumer products. Includes sections such as 4 Kids, Library, Public Calendar, Recalls, Talk to Us, What's Happening, etc.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Information about USDA, food safety, home canning, news, legislation and much more.
- Diversion Control Program Publications - U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration Obtain information about controlled substances.
- DRUGFACTS.com DRUGFACTS.com is a comprehensive, interactive health care web site for pharmacists and drug information professionals.
- Drug Stores News Drug Store News provides timely coverage of industry news, merchandising trends, and pharmacy developments.
- Drug Topics.com Online Newsmagazine for Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Times Practical Information for Today's Pharmacist
- The Merck Manual
- The Merck Manual of Geriatrics Information of clinical relevance on geriatric care
- U.S. Pharmacist U.S. Pharmacist is a monthly journal dedicated to providing the nation's pharmacists with up-to-date, authoritative, peer-reviewed clinical articles relevant to contemporary pharmacy practice in a variety of settings, including community pharmacy, hospitals, managed care systems, ambulatory care clinics, home care organizations, long-term care facilities, industry and academia.
Pharmacy Licensing Boards
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy is the independent and impartial association that assists its member boards in developing, implementing, and enforcing uniform standards for the purpose of protecting the public health.
- Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy (OSBP) Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Oklahoma by regulating and enforcing the laws regarding to the practice of pharmacy and the manufacturing, sales, distribution and storage of drugs, medicines, chemicals and poisons.
National and International Organizations
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) is the national organization representing the interests of pharmaceutical education and educators.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) The American College of Clinical Pharmacy is a professional and scientific society that provides leadership, education, advocacy, and resources enabling clinical pharmacists to achieve excellence in practice and research. ACCP's membership is composed of practitioners, scientists, educators, administrators, students, residents, fellows, and others committed to excellence in clinical pharmacy and patient pharmacotherapy.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) The American Pharmacists Association, the national professional society of pharmacists, was founded in 1852 and is the first established and largest professional association of pharmacists in the United States. The more than 50,000 members of APhA include practicing pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, pharmacy students, pharmacy technicians, and others interested in advancing the profession.
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists is the international professional association that provides leadership, education, advocacy, and resources to advance the practice of senior care pharmacy.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) is the30,000-member professional association that represents pharmacists who practice in hospitals and other components of health care systems.
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) The International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research is an international organization promoting the science of pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes research.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) The National Association of Chain Drug Stores is the country's largest pharmacy organization. NACDS has served as the voice for chain pharmacies since 1933, representing the concerns of community pharmacies in Washington, in state capitals, and across the nation.
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) The National Community Pharmacists Association, founded in 1898 as the National Association of Retail Druggists (NARD), represents the pharmacist owners, managers, and employees of nearly 25,000 independent community pharmacies across the United States.
- The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc. (USP) USP establishes state-of-the-art standards to ensure the quality of medicines for human and veterinary use. USP also develops authoritative information about the appropriate use of medicines.
- Oklahoma Pharmacists Association (OPhA) The Oklahoma Pharmacists Association is a voluntary organization uniting pharmacists of all specialties and practice situations across the state of Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists (OSHP) The mission of OSHP is to serve its members and to provide leadership and representation before legislative, regulatory and other bodies which will assist pharmacists in organized health care settings in Oklahoma to provide pharmaceutical care.