Katherine S. O'Neal, Pharm.D., MBA, BCACP, CDES, BC-ADM, AE-C, CLS, FADCES
Pharmacy Clinical & Admin Sci
Phone 405-271-6878 x47241
Office CPB 235
Specialties: Internal medicine, Ambulatory care/diabetes
Clinical Practice: Diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, asthma, migraine
Certifications & Licenses
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties2012
Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management2012
Certified Asthma Educator2012
Publications & Presentations
- 46. O'Neal K, Johnson J L, Condren M. An initiative to transition new faculty from resident to residency preceptor through direct mentorship. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2014; 6 : 589-94
47. O'Neal K, Crosby K, Miller M J, Murray K, Condren M. Assessing health literacy practices in a community pharmacy environment: experiences using the AHRQ Pharmacy Health Literacy Assessment Tool. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2013; 9 : 564-96
48. Gildon B, O'Neal K, Crosby K. Antihistamines. Journal of Asthma and Allergy Educators . 2013; 4 : 155-157
- 1. Diabetes and hearing impairment: Knowledge, attitudes, and practices among providers and patients. ASHP. Start Date: 2022. End Date: 2023.
2. ECG Monitoring in patients with CF receiving azithromycin therapy. Federal Non-NIH. Start Date: 2016. End Date: 2016.
3. A literacy Sensitive Approach to improving antibiotic understanding in a community based setting. ACCP. Start Date: 2014. End Date: 2015.
4. Effectiveness of an educational intervention on the caring behaviors and referral activities of community pharmacists for migraine patients. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2010. End Date: 2013.
5. Evaluation of Merck’s Headache School: A Quasi-Experimental Examination of Effectiveness. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2010. End Date: 2013.
Awards and Honors
- 1. Degree: PharmD. University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy. Date: 2008.
2. Degree: MBA. University of Tulsa. Date: 2004.