Katherine S. O'Neal, Pharm.D., MBA, BCACP, CDES, BC-ADM, AE-C, CLS, FADCES
Specialties: Internal medicine, Ambulatory care/diabetes
Clinical Practice: Diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, asthma, migraine
Education & Experience
Post-Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Residency in Ambulatory care
OU College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK2010
Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) Residency in Community Practice Pharmacy - USA Drug
OU College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK2009
Pharm.D. in Pharmacy
OU College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK2008
MBA in Business Administration
University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK2003
B.S. in Business Administration (cum laude)
University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK1998
Certifications & Licenses
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties2012
Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management2012
Certified Asthma Educator2012
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Jones V, Zelnicek T, Hines M, Johnson E, O'Neal K, Draugalis J. Creation and implementation of a pharmacy-led meds-to-beds program at a large teaching hospital. 2021
2. O'Neal K, Murray K. Migraine Headache - A Focus on Prevention. 2021
3. Walling J, Zelnicek T, Johnson E, O'Neal K. Shot of a lifetime: How pharmacists stay ahead of the season. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2021
4. Crosby K, O'Neal K. Stroke Prevention - A Focus on the use of Anticoagulants. 2021
5. O'Neal K. Skin Hyperpigmentation and PhotoAging, 20th Edition Nonprescriptions Handbook. 2020
- 1. Diabetes and hearing impairment: Knowledge, attitudes, and practices among providers and patients. ASHP. Start Date: 2022. End Date: 2023.
2. ECG Monitoring in patients with CF receiving azithromycin therapy. Federal Non-NIH. Start Date: 2016. End Date: 2016.
3. A literacy Sensitive Approach to improving antibiotic understanding in a community based setting. ACCP. Start Date: 2014. End Date: 2015.
4. Effectiveness of an educational intervention on the caring behaviors and referral activities of community pharmacists for migraine patients. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2010. End Date: 2013.
5. Evaluation of Merck’s Headache School: A Quasi-Experimental Examination of Effectiveness. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2010. End Date: 2013.
Awards and Honors
- 1. Degree: PharmD. University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy. Date: 2008.
2. Degree: MBA. University of Tulsa. Date: 2004.