Katherine S. O'Neal, Pharm.D., MBA, BCACP, CDE, BC-ADM, AE-C, CLS
Specialties: Internal medicine, Ambulatory care/diabetes
Clinical Practice: Diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, asthma, migraine
Education & Experience
Post-Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Residency in Ambulatory care
OU College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK2010
Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) Residency in Community Practice Pharmacy - USA Drug
OU College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK2009
Pharm.D. in Pharmacy
OU College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK2008
MBA in Business Administration
University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK2003
B.S. in Business Administration (cum laude)
University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK1998
Certifications & Licenses
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties2012
Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management2012
Certified Asthma Educator2012
Publications & Presentations
- O'Neal K, Davidson P. Addressing obesity in diabetes: Professional Practice Paper. American Association of Diabetes Educators. 2018
- O'Neal K. Cardiovascular risk reduction – Review and summary of select diabetes medications and trials. Diabetes Care and Education. 2018
- Lonabaugh K, O'Neal K, McIntosh H, Condren M,. Cystic fibrosis-related education: Are we meeting patient and caregiver expectations?. Patient Educ Couns. 2018
- O'Neal K. Medication Adherence. The Rx Consultant. 2018
- George D, Johnson E J, O'Neal K, Smith M J. Student agreement regarding adequacy of didactic content and practical experiences of vaccination clinic business operations. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2018
- ECG Monitoring in patients with CF receiving azithromycin therapy. 2016.
- A literacy Sensitive Approach to improving antibiotic understanding in a community based setting. 2014.
- The clinical impact of the delay in transition of type 1 diabetes. 2013.
- Effectiveness of an educational intervention on the caring behaviors and referral activities of community pharmacists for migraine patients. 2010.
- Evaluation of Merck’s Headache School: A Quasi-Experimental Examination of Effectiveness. 2010.