2019-20 Recruitment Events
Multiple Mini Interview Preparation Workshop
The OU College of Pharmacy conducts a pharmacy school interview prep workshop for pre-pharmacy students every fall. This workshop is designed to provide details on how to prepare for the multiple mini interview process and what to expect on the interview day as well as some opportunities to practice your interviewing skills.
The next interview prep workshop is Saturday, September 21, 2019. Registration will open in early September.
REGISTER HERE: CHECK BACK IN EARLY SEPTEMBER 2019!
Pillars For Success Pharmacy Camp for Undergraduate Students
The dates for the camp will be May 11-15 and 18-22, 2020. (Participants must be able to attend BOTH weeks!)
The camp application will open in early January 2020.
APPLY HERE: CHECK BACK IN JANUARY 2020!
The application deadline is April 1, 2020.
There is no application fee and the camp is FREE to all selected participants!
What is Pillars For Success Undergraduate Camp?
The OUCOP Pillars For Success Undergraduate Camp provides up to 10 pre-pharmacy students who have completed at least 24 semester hours, a 2-week intensive camp designed to provide the foundation for a successful pharmacy school application. Sessions will include PCAT prep, one-on-one application coaching, introduction to pharmacy school topics, interaction with faculty, alumni, and pharmacy students, teamwork, leadership development, interviewing skills, job shadowing, and more.
This camp is FREE and all necessary materials will be provided to applicants. However, participants are financially responsible for their own personal travel and lodging.
Who's Eligible for the Camp?
We accept a maximum of 10 students for the camp. Applicants must have completed at least their freshman year of college or a minimum of 24 semester hours and must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be pre-pharmacy and currently working on completing pre-requisite course requirements. Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 overall GPA.
- Priority will be given to applicants living in the OKC metro area or who attend OU Norman or come from a disadvantaged background or represent a group that is underrepresented in the health professions. However, all qualified students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants accepted for the camp must be able to provide their own transportation and housing for the duration of the camp. Some meals will be provided and all activities, materials, and assessments will be provided by OUCOP.
- Interested students must complete the online application by Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Those selected to participate in the camp will be notified by Friday, April 10, 2020 and will be required to confirm attendance no later than Friday, April 24, 2020.
- Transcripts will be required to be received by Pharmacy Student Affairs no later than Wednesday, April 1, 2019.
- If we receive more applications than spaces available, a waitlist will be created for qualified applicants based on the order in which the applications were received.
Camp Participant Benefits
- Enhance your pharmacy school application
- Receive valuable study prep materials, other leadership assessments, and advice
- Participate in unique pharmacy opportunities
- Network with faculty, alumni, and students
- Network with potential future classmates
- Leadership and teamwork development
- Enhance your interviewing skills
- Learn more about financing your pharmacy education
OUCOP Future PharmeRx Preview Day
Are you a middle school or high school student interested in learning more about the profession of pharmacy? Then this event is for you! Attendees will get the opportunity to learn more about the pharmacy profession and pharmacy school from our faculty, students, and staff with various interactive activities and tours.
This year's OUCOP Future PharmeRx Preview Day will be Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 beginning at 9:00 am and ending at 2:30 pm that day. This event is FREE.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2020! This event is very popular so check back in November to register early!
This event will be held at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy, 1110 N Stonewall Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73117.
This event is open to the first 75 middle school and high school students who register. A tentative schedule is below but this schedule is subject to change based on availability.
9:00 am: Registration & Breakfast
9:15 am: Introduction to Pharmacy & Pharmacy School
9:45 am: Break
10:00 am: Session 1 (Topics may include pharmacy careers, college admission information, paying for school, lab activities)
10:45 am: Switch Sessions
11:00 am: Session 2 (Topics may include pharmacy careers, college admission information, paying for school, lab activities)l
11:45 am: Lunch-Networking with Faculty & Pharmacy Students
1:00 pm: Session 3 (Topics may include pharmacy careers, college admission information, paying for school, lab activities)
1:45 pm: Campus Tour
Questions? Contact Jennifer Richardson or Katie Perry at 405-271-6598 or email@example.com.
Prescription for Inspiration Admissions Workshop
This annual event is held every spring. This workshop gives attendees an opportunity to go in-depth into the admissions process covering everything from requirements and application procedures to how to enhance skills necessary for success in gaining admission. While this workshop is beneficial to anyone thinking about applying to pharmacy school, it can be the most beneficial to those who are ready to apply for the next entering class.
The Spring 2020 Prescription for Inspiration Admissions Workshop will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN EARLY MARCH 2020! CHECK BACK THEN TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.