OUCOP Recruitment & Admissions Response to COVID-19
IMPORTANT UPDATES REGARDING RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS PROCESSES
Dear Prospective Students & Families:
We understand that these are unprecedented times and therefore, unprecedented measures are being taken to minimize public health and safety risks related to the recruitment and admissions processes for the Pharm.D. program. While not ideal or optimal, we are navigating through these processes to continue our mission of producing quality pharmacists for the state of Oklahoma and beyond. Therefore, the following steps will be taken:
- As previously posted, we are suspending all on-campus visits/advisement appointments/recruitment events at least through June 30, 2020. We will continue to advise prospective students via telephone appointments or email. To book an appointment, please go to Visit OU College of Pharmacy. Please be sure to email your transcripts at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org or your appointment will be canceled and you will have to re-schedule.
- Additionally, we will not be attending any off-campus recruitment events that have not already been canceled or postponed at least through May 31, 2020.
- We will be canceling our annual spring College of Pharmacy recruitment programs including the Future PharmeRx Preview Day, the Advisor’s Workshop, the Admissions Workshop, and the Pillars for Success undergraduate camp. While we are incredibly disappointed not to be able to hold these annual events, we will look for alternative ways to get the information normally provided at these events to interested parties in other formats later this spring/summer.
- We will be canceling our interview date scheduled for April 18, 2020. We still have an interview date scheduled for June 20, 2020 and for any applicant who is invited to interview, they will be offered this date. At this time, we hope to hold these interviews in person, but we will keep invited applicants updated if this needs to change to an alternative format.
- For prospective students whose college or university is offering to let students the option to have spring coursework graded as Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, the COP will accept a Pass or a Satisfactory as acceptable for successful completion of any pre-requisite courses they are enrolled in this spring semester.
- For prospective students who were planning to take the canceled April 2020 PCAT test date in order to apply for Fall 2020, please complete your application by June 1, 2020. We will consider your application for a possible June interview based on the contingency you register for and sit for the July 9 or 10, 2020 PCAT exam. For information on PCAT registration, please go to http://pcatweb.info.
- EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 23, 2020: ETS has just announced they are allowing a "test from home" option for the TOEFL IBT. Therefore, we will require the TOEFL IBT for Fall 2020 as per our regular policy. For more information or to register for the exam, please go to: TOEFL IBT INFORMATION. We will continue to monitor the situation and update policies or procedures as necessary.
As we all work together to weather this public health crisis, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we adjust our processes and also ask for your patience if any of this information changes based on the rapidly evolving environment we find ourselves in at the moment. We will continue to update this page as any changes occur.