Life at OU College of Pharmacy
As a student at the College of Pharmacy, we encourage you to cultivate a quality of life outside of your studies. Fortunately, the college is located in the heart of some of the most significant cultural growth of any city in the nation, and opportunities exist all around for recreation, entertainment and cultural activities.
Being so close to downtown Oklahoma City, you have countless offerings nearby, such as:
- Our NBA team, the Oklahoma City Thunder, at Chesapeake Arena
- The Oklahoma City Dodgers baseball team at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- Bricktown entertainment district with restaurants, shopping, river walk, a theater and much more
- The Boathouse District, directly south of the campus on the Oklahoma River, offers kayak, canoe and dragon boats as well as a whitewater rafting course, bicycle rentals and ziplines
- Midtown District and Automobile Alley, with some of the city’s most popular restaurants and nightlife destinations
- Myriad Botanical Gardens and 17-acre urban park
- The Oklahoma City Museum of Art
The city has hundreds of wonderful options for dining, entertainment or relaxing. Learn more about what we have to offer.
Student Ambassador Program
Founded in 2007, the OU Pharmacy Student Ambassador Program has served as a platform for students to represent the college. Students have a visible presence on college campuses and serve as role models to fellow students, faculty and staff.
We encourage students to get involved in one or more of the many area volunteering opportunities. There are a number of local organizations that allow students to serve the homeless, build homes and participate in drives and events to feed and clothe the indigent.
University Village, established in June 2003 and located on the Health Sciences Center campus in OKC, is available to all HSC students and operated by the University. University Village offers two-bedroom town homes and one-bedroom studio apartments. Residents enjoy gated parking, a game room, washer and dryers, and free internet. Pease visit the web site for University Village, or contact the University Village Manager at (405) 271-0500 for more information.