Randle Gallucci, Ph.D.
The research in my laboratory primarily focuses on the positive and negative roles that inflammatory cytokines play during the repair or restoration of injured tissues. I am currently investigating these effects in both skin and liver utilizing both in vivo and in vitro models. The purpose of these studies is two-fold: 1) to elucidate the mechanism of, and identify factors involved in, the transcriptional or post-transcriptional regulation of genes modulated by various pro-inflammatory cytokines, and 2) to determine if any of these pro-inflammatory mediators may be useful therapeutically. To investigate the former, we have employed a variety of techniques including, Luminex Multiplex assay, flow cytometry, and RNAseq. Therapeutic studies have involved the reconstitution of wound healing in models of chronic wounds such diabetic and specific gene knockout mice.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Pharmacology/Toxicology
Washington State University
B.A. in Chemistry/Biology
Central Washington University
Honors & Awards
OUHSC Provost's Junio Faculty Research Award
Publications & Presentations
- Lee E G, Luckett-Chastain l R, Calhoun K, Frempah B, Bastian A, Gallucci R. Interleukin 6 function in skin and isolated keratinocytes is modulated by hyperglycemia. Journal of Immunology Research. In Press
- Calhoun K N, Luckett-Chastain L R, Frempah B, Gallucci R. Associations Between Immune Phenotype and Inflammation in Murine Models of Irritant Contact Dermatitis. Toxicological Sciences/Oxford. 2018
- Luckett-Chastain L R, Gipson J R, Gillaspy A F, Gallucci R. Transcriptional profiling of irritant contact dermatitis (ICD) in a mouse model identifies specific patterns of gene expression and immune-regulation. Toxicology/Elsevier. 2018; 410 : 1-9
- Kemp J M, Luckett L R, Calhoun K N, Frempah B, Schartz T R, Harty L E, Kemp P M, Gallucci R. EVALUATION OF SKIN INFLAMMATION ASSOCIATED WITH WEATHERED AND FRESH CRUDE OIL EXPOSURE IN TWO MOUSE STRAINS. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health/Taylor and Francis. In Press
- Ojeda A S, Ford S D, Gallucci R, Ihnat M, Philp R P. Geochemical characterization and renal cell toxicity of water-soluble extracts from U.S. Gulf Coast lignite. Environ Geochem Health/Springer. 2018
- The role of inflammatory mediators and microbiome in aging skin wounds. 2018.
- Time-dependent treatment: Early blockade of TNF prevents development of PTSD and co-morbid allodynia. 2018.
- . 2016.
- The role of specific inflammatory mediators in keratinocyte function and wound healing. 2018.
- Structural and inflammatory basis of levator ani muscle regeneration in pelvic organ prolapse. 2016.