Randle Gallucci, Ph.D.
The research in my laboratory primarily focuses on the positive and negative roles that inflammatory cytokines play during the repair or restoration of injured tissues. I am currently investigating these effects in both skin and liver utilizing both in vivo and in vitro models. The purpose of these studies is two-fold: 1) to elucidate the mechanism of, and identify factors involved in, the transcriptional or post-transcriptional regulation of genes modulated by various pro-inflammatory cytokines, and 2) to determine if any of these pro-inflammatory mediators may be useful therapeutically. To investigate the former, we have employed a variety of techniques including, Luminex Multiplex assay, flow cytometry, and RNAseq. Therapeutic studies have involved the reconstitution of wound healing in models of chronic wounds such diabetic and specific gene knockout mice.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Pharmacology/Toxicology
Washington State University
B.A. in Chemistry/Biology
Central Washington University
Honors & Awards
OUHSC Provost's Junio Faculty Research Award
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Gallucci R, Yucesoy B, Luckett-Chastain L R. Chapter 20: The Immune System. Elsevier. 2020
2. Frempah B, Luckett-Chastain L R, Gallucci R. IL-6 Negatively Regulates IL-22Rα Expression on Epidermal Keratinocytes: Implications for Irritant Contact Dermatitis. Journal of Immunological Research/Hindawi. 2019 : 9
3. Frempah B, Luckett-Chastain L R, Gallucci R. IL6Rα function in myeloid cells modulates the inflammatory response during irritant contact dermatitis. Experimental Dermatology/John Wiley & Sons. 2019; 28 : 948-955
4. Frempah B, Luckett-Chastain L R, Calhoun K N, Gallucci R. Keratinocyte-specific deletion of the IL-6RΑ exacerbates the inflammatory response during irritant contact dermatitis. Toxicology/Elsevier. 2019; 423 : 123-131
5. Lee E G, Luckett-Chastain l R, Calhoun K, Frempah B, Bastian A, Gallucci R. Interleukin 6 function in skin and isolated keratinocytes is modulated by hyperglycemia. Journal of Immunology Research/Hindawi. 2019