Negar (Ruby) Rahman, M.S.
Negar (Ruby) is a research assistant III working in Dr. Shanjana Awasthi's laboratory.
- Awasthi S, Vilekar P, Conkleton A, Rahman N. Dendritic cell-based immunization induces Coccidioides Ag2/PRA-specific immune response. Vaccine 2019; 37(12): 1685-1691.
- Sherry DM, Hopiavuori BR, Stiles MA, Rahman NS, Ozan KG, Deak F, Martin-Paul A, Anderson RE. Distribution of ELOVL4 in the developing and adult mouse brain. Front Neuroanatomy 2017.
- Rahman HA, Wu H, Dong Y, Pasula S, Wen A, Sun Y, Brophy ML, Tessneer KL, Cai X, McManus J, Chang B, Kwak S, Rahman NS, Xu W, Fernandes C, Mcdaniel JM, Xia L, Smith L, Srinivasan RS, Chen H. Selective targeting of a novel epsin-VEGFR2 interaction promotes VEGF-mediated angiogenesis. Cir Res 2016; Pii:CIRCRESAHA. 115.307679.
- Chang B, Tessneer KL, McManus J, Liu X, Hahn S, Pasula S, Wu H, Song H, Chen Y, Cai X, Dong Y, Brophy ML, Rahman R, Ma JX, Xia L, Chen H. Epsin is required for dishevelled stability and Wnt signaling activation in colon cancer development. Nat Commun 2015; 6:6380.
- Rodgers W, Byrum JN, Sapkota H, Rahman NS, Cail RC, Zhao S, Schatz DG, Rodgers KK. spatio-temporal regulation of RAG2 following genotoxic stress. DNA Repair 2015; 27: 19-27.
- Byrum JN, Zhao S, Rahman NS, Gwyn LM, Rodgers W, Rodgers KK. An interdomain boundary in RAG1 facilitates cooperative binding to RAG2 in formation of the V(D)J recombinase complex. Protein Science 2015; 24: 861-873.
- Arbuckle JL, Rahman NS, Zhao S, Rodgers W, Rodgers KK. Elucidating the domain architecture and functions of non-core RAG1: The capacity of a non-core zinc-binding domain to function in nuclear import and nucleic acid binding. BMC Biochem 2011; 12: 23.
- Gwyn LM, Peak MM, De P, Rahman NS, Rodgers KK. A zinc site in the C-terminal domain of RAG1 is essential for DNA cleavage activity. J Mol Biol 2009; 390: 863-878.
- Rahman NS, Godderz LJ, Stray SJ, Capra JD, Rodgers KK. DNA cleavage of a cryptic recombination signal sequence by RAG1 and RAG2: Implications for partial VH gene replacement. J Biolog Chem 2006; 281(18): 12370-12380.
- Godderz LJ, Rahman NS, Risingger GM, Arbuckle JL, Rodgers KK. Self association and conformational properties of RAG1: Implications for formation of the V(D)J recombinase. Nucleic Acids Res 2003; 31:7.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Chemistry and minor in physics and mathematics
Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Honors in Chemistry
M.S. in Chemistry
Jahanginagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh1985
M.S. in Chemistry (with Thesis option)
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK2000