R. Chris Rathbun, Pharm.D., BCPS, AQ-ID
Research interests are centered in the area of HIV infection and include optimization of antiretroviral therapy, evaluation of novel antiretroviral agents and treatment strategies, medication adherence with antiretroviral regimens, and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics drug interactions among antiretrovirals.
Publications & Presentations
- 16. Rathbun C, Cottrell M L, Johnson P N, Lockhart S M. Implications for Hepatitis C Treatment and Disease Progression in an HIV/HCV Co-Infected Population. Journal of Virology and Antiviral Research. 2013; 2 : 3
17. Rathbun C. HIV consensus guideline recommends antiretroviral treatment regardless of CD4 count, new regimens and possible regimen change for chronic low level viraemia. Evidence-based medicine. 2013; 18 : 149-50
18. Liedtke M D, Vanguri A, Rathbun C. A probable interaction between warfarin and the antiretroviral TRIO study regimen. The Annals of pharmacotherapy. 2012; 46 : e34
19. Ripley T L, Hennebry T A, Sanders T N, Harrison D, Rathbun C. Impact of a clinical pharmacist on a cardiovascular surrogate endpoint: a pilot study. Pharmacy practice. 2012; 10 : 173-9
20. Rathbun C, Hester E K, Arnold L M, Chung A M, Dunn S P, Harinstein L M, Leber M, Murphy J A, Schonder K S, Wilhelm S M, Smilie K B. Importance of direct patient care in advanced pharmacy practice experiences. Pharmacotherapy. 2012; 32 : e88-97
- 1. HIV Adherence Services. Start Date: 2022. End Date: 2023.
2. HIV Adherence Services. State Agency. Start Date: 2021. End Date: 2022.
3. HIV Adherence Services. State Agency. Start Date: 2020. End Date: 2021.
4. Clinical Pharmacy Services. HHS. Start Date: 2020. End Date: 2020.
5. Characterization of fentanyl metabolic and renal elimination pathways in children less than two years of age. Misc Non-Federal. Start Date: 2018. End Date: 2020.
Awards and Honors
- 1. Degree: BS. University of Minnesota, Duluth. Date: 2005.
2. Degree: Infectious Diseases Fellowship. University of Texas at Austin. Date: 1991.
3. Degree: PharmD. University of Minnesota, Mpls-St. Paul. Date: 1989.