Nicholas C. Schwier, Pharm.D., BCPS - AQ Cardiology
Clinical Practice: Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
Education & Experience
B.S. in Bioscience
State University of New York, Farmingdale State College, Farmingdale, NY2008
Pharm.D. in Pharmacy
St. John Fisher College/Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Rochester, NY2012
PGY-1 in Pharmacy Practice
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
PGY-2 in Cardiology Pharmacy Residency
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center 2014
Publications & Presentations
- 1. Schwier N C, Cornelio C K, Boylan P. A systematic review of the drug-drug interaction between statins and colchicine: patient characteristics, etiologies, and clinical management strategies. Pharmacotherapy. 2022; 42 : 320-333
2. Schwier N C, Tsui J, Perrine J, Guidry C, Mathew J. Current pharmacotherapy management of children and adults with pericarditis: Prospectus for improved outcomes. Pharmacotherapy. 2021; 41 : 1041-1055
3. Guidry C, Medina M S, Bennett K K, Schwier N C. The other side of “challenging learners”: Strategies for teaching and precepting the overachiever and high performer. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2021; 79 : 17-22
4. Schwier N C, O'Neal K. Pharmacotherapeutic Management Strategies for Thyroid Disease-Induced Pericarditis. The Annals of pharmacotherapy. 2020; 54 : 486-495
5. Schwier N C, Cannedy J J, Skrepnek G H. Management of Acute Idiopathic (Viral) Pericarditis in the Emergency Department: A Review for the Nursing Professional. Advanced emergency nursing journal. 2020; 42 : 17-29
- 1. Effect of end-toxemia on colchicine plasma levels. ACCP. Start Date: 2022. End Date: 2022.
Awards and Honors
- 1. Rho Chi. Induction. Date: 2021.
- 1. Degree: Specialty Residency. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center/School of Pharmacy. Date: 2014.
2. Degree: . University of Pittsburgh Medical Center/School of Pharmacy. Date: 2013.
3. Degree: PharmD. St. John Fisher College-Wegmans School of Pharmacy. Date: 2012.