Swanson, Pharm.D., CGP
Department of Pharmacy: Clinical and Administrative Sciences
Adult Medicine Geriatrics
Adverse Drug Reaction Identification and Monitoring.
Medication Utilization in the Elderly.
Treatment Options for Allergic Rhinitis and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Life Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1981
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy, 1985
- Clinical Residency, University of Nebraska Hospital and Clinic, 1986
- Fellowship in Geriatrics, University of Pennsylvania Center on Aging, 1986
- PHAR 7001 Practicum I - a required early experiential course in the first year of the curriculum focusing on potential practice options for pharmacy graduates.
Selected Publications & Presentations
Marcolina ST, Swanson K. Chapter 15. Medication management in long-term care. In Long-Term Care Medicine-A Pocket Guide. Eds. Fenstemacher PA, Winn P. Humana Press, NY. pg. 299
Swanson KA, Carnahan RM. Dementia and comorbidities: An overview of diagnosis and management. J Pharm Pract 2007; 20(4): 296-317.
Swanson KA, Crosby K, Gutierres S. Creating an advanced self-care course for distance education delivery. Abstract. 2003 Nonprescription Medicines Academy Annual Meeting. Cincinnati, OH. September 2003.
Swanson KA, Britton ML, Medina MS. Pharmacy Student Progression in a Distant Education Environment. Abstract. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Minneapolis, MN. July 2003.
Douglas CA, Swanson KA, Medina MS. Impact of a Student-Based Tutoring System. Abstract. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Minneapolis, MN. July 2003.