Department of Pharmacy: Clinical and Administrative Sciences
Specialties: Internal Medicine
General Interest Areas: Internal Medicine. Activites on rounds include: monitoringof labs and renal/hapatic function, medication review, pharmacokinetic monitoring and consultation, drug information, informal teaching to medical residents and students, and making adjustments based on progress and therapeutic goals and endpoints. Strong emphasis is placed on developing therapeutic plans based on daily needs and patient specific factors and working with the medical team to optimize therapeutic goals. I also serve as a liaison for physicians, nurses and the pharmacy staff at OUMC-Presbyterian Tower.
- Safe medication use in the elderly population utilizing the Beers criteria
- Improving inpatient use of medications
Education & Experience
- PGY2 Internal Medicine Specialty Residency (ASHP-accredited). Univ. of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy, Oklahoma City, OK (2009-2010)
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency (ASHP-accredited). Univ. of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy, Oklahoma City, OK (2008-2009)
- Doctor of Pharmacy. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, Amarillo & Dallas, TX (2004-2008)
- Pre-pharmacy studies. Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (2002-2004)
- PHAR 7004: Adult Medicine I Practicum, OUMC Presbyterian Tower, Oklahoma City
- PHAR 7833: Pharmaceutical Care III: Respiratory & Renal
- PHAR 7844: Pharmacy Practice Lab V
- PHAR 7813: Pharmaceutical Care I: Health Module
- PA 7106: Pharmacotherapy, Physician Assistant Program
Honors & Service
- Member, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), 2006-present
- Member, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), 2007-present
- Member, Oklahoma Society of Health-Systems Pharmacist (OSHP), 2008-present
- 2009-present: Programming committee
- Member, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), 2010-present
- Member, Rho Chi Honor Society, 2007-present
- Member, Phi Lambda Sigma Leadership Society, 2008-present
- Clinical Pharmacist, Internal Medicine, OUMC Presbyterian Tower, Oklahoma City, 2010-present
- OU COP Admissions Committee, 2009-2010
- Chief Resident, OU College of Pharmacy, 2009-2010
Selected Publications & Presentations
Bird ML, Dunn RL, Hagemann TM, Burton ME, Britton ML, St. Cyr MB. Collaboration between a college of pharmacy and a for-profit health system at an academic medical center. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2012; 69: 1150-1156.
Dunn RL, Harrison D, Ripley TL. The Beers Criteria as an outpatient screening tool for potentially inappropriate medications. Consult Pharm 2011; 26: 754-763.
Dunn RL, Smith WJ, Stratton MA. Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole-induced hyponatremia. The Consult Pharm 2011; 26(5): 342-349.
Identifying areas for improvement in the inpatient use of warfarin at a large, academic medical center. Poster presentation at the 2009 annual American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. December 2009; Las Vegas, Nevada
Updates in cardiovascular pharmacology. Presentation to 140 nurses and nursing students. November 2009; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.