, Pharm.D., M.B.A.,BCACP, CDE, BC-ADM, AE-C
Department of Pharmacy: Clinical and Administrative Sciences - Tulsa
Specialties: Internal Medicine, Ambulatory Care/Diabetes
Clinical Practice: Diabetes, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, Asthma, Migraine
Research Interests: Outcomes research and improving the practice of pharmacy and chronic care of patients through patient empowerment and health literacy awareness.
Education & Experience
- Post-Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Residency. Ambulatory care residency, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK, July 2009-June 2010
- Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) Residency. Community Practice Pharmacy Residency, USA Drug/University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Tulsa, OK, July 2009-June 2009.
- Doctor of Pharmacy. University of Oklahoma, Tulsa, OK, 2008
- Master in Business Administration, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK, 2003
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration, cum laude, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK, 1998
- PHAR 7853 Pharmaceutical Care V: Endocrinology, course co-cordinator
- PHAR 7703 Pharmacy Business and Entrepreneurship, course co-coordinator
- PHAR 7713 Healthcare Administration and Management, course co-coordinator
- PHAR 7894 Pharmaceutical Care IX: Neuro/Psych
Licensures and certifications
- Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties: Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist 2012
- Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management 2012
- Certified Asthma Educator 2012
- Certified Diabetes Educator 2010
- Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy 2008
- National Provider Identifier 2008
- Oklahoma Certified Pharmacists Immunizer 2008
- Oklahoma CPR certification
Honors & Service
- American Pharmacists Association, 2004-present
- Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 2004-present
- Kappa Psi Professional Pharmaceutical Fraternity, 2004-present
- OU Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society, 2005-present
- Tulsa Student Faculty Advisor
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2006-present
- National Community Pharmacy Association, 2008-present
- Oklahoma Pharmacists Association, 2008-present
- American Diabetes Association, 2009-present
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 2009-present
- American Association of Diabetes Educators, 2011-present
- Association of Astma Educators, 2012-present
- Clinical Pharmacist, OU Internal Medicine, Tulsa, OK, 2010-present
- OU Physicians Internal Medicine American Diabetes Association Diabetes Education Program, Director and Coordinator, 2010-present
Selected Publications & Presentations
George D, O'Neal K, Johnson E J, Smith M J. Student preferences regarding didactic content and practical experiences of influenza vaccination clinic business operations in a pharmacy business and entrepreneurship elective. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2016; 8:
O'Neal K, Johnson J L, Swar S. Nontraditional considerations with insulin needle length selection. To appear in Diabetes Spectrum. Diabetes Spectrum. 2015; 28:
Downes J M, O'Neal K, Miller M J, Johnson J L, Gildon B, Weisz M A. Identifying opportunities to improve medication management in transitions of care. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2015;
Murray K, O'Neal K, Weisz M. Dietary Suggestions for Migraine Prevention. American Journal of Health-Systems Pharmacy. 2015;
Crosby K, O'Neal K. Prevention of Sun-Induced Skin Disorders. American Pharmacists Association. 2015; 699-712.
Current Grants Awarded
- 1/2012 - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- 1/2011 - Merck and Company, $47,961.
- 8/2010 - Merck and Company, $47,875.
- 1/2010 - American Society of Health System Pharmacist Fostering Young Investigators. Pharmacy Resident Practice-Based Research Grant, $5,000.
- 1/2009 - APhA Incentive Grant for Practitioner Innovation in Pharmaceutical Care, Patient Perceptions of a Pharmacist Managed Weight-Management Clinic, $1,000.