P-4 Students Receive Recognition from OU College of Pharmacy
4/17/2012 | Return to All Current News
The OU College of Pharmacy recognized P-4 students with various awards at its annual P-4 ceremony. The awards and the 2012 recipients include:
- Bedlam Spirit Award. This is presented to a student in recognition for outstanding achievement in community service, fulfilling the mission of the Bedlam Clinic. Congratulations, Nasim Aghaienia!
- Facts and Comparisons Award. This is presented to a graduating student for outstanding scholastic achievement and demonstrated excellence in clinical communications. Congratulations, Loan Tran!
- Lilly Achievement Award. This is presented for excellence in the study of pharmacy and this year is awarded to our three valedictorians. Congratulations, Jephine Abraham, Lourdes Ramos and Amulya Vanguri!
- Merck Award. This is presented to students for outstanding research and scholastic achievement. This year's awards go to Bethany Francis, Sarah Payne and Sarah Watkins.
- Mylan Award. This is presented to a graduating student for academic excellence and high professional motivation. Congratulations, Bethany Ibach!
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Award. This is presented to a graduating student for excellence in patient care and alternative therapies. Congratulations, Tamara Jean Cathey-Cook!
- Natural Standard Research Collaboration Award. This award is presented to an exemplary student for perpetuating multidisciplinary, evidence-based research practices, healthcare communications, or information. Congratulations, Shamama Burney!
- Oklahoma Pharmacists Association Award. This is presented to a graduating student for outstanding professionalism. Congratulations, Li-Wern Wang!
- Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists Award. This is presented to a graduating student for outstanding performance in hospital pharmacy. Congratulations, Bruce Winchester!
- Pharmacy Student Affairs Professional Service Award. This award recognizes a graduate student on each campus who has made outstanding contributions to the OU College of Pharmacy and demonstrated dedication to furthering the development of the college, specifically in the area of student affairs. Congratulations Nick Hastings (Tulsa) and Sammy Maples (OKC)!
- TEVA Pharmaceuticals USA Award. This award is presented for excellence in the study of pharmacy. Congratulations, Doneshia Johnson!
- United States Public Health Service Award. This is presented in recognition of demonstrated commitment to public health and public health practice. Congratulations, Lourdes Ramos!
- Mosier Outstanding Senior. This award is presented to a graduating student for outstanding leadership. Congratulations, Shamama Burney!
Congratulations to all our P-4 students!